papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
(before stating that this guide is a nonsense, think that I am writing this in a July sunday with 34 °C outside and about 30 °C inside, so you can understand if my brain is at boiling point..:doh:)

Ok guys all of you probably know my obsession to have my Mustang as 'american' as possible. Well, in US the Smokers Package is neither standard nor optional; you can have it only on fleet cars like rental companies etc.
In addition, I do not smoke in life, much less I would smoke in a new car!!

22597c20c9b24c4550d738378e0bd5f1.jpg

For that reason, as soon as I got my car home I removed the ashtray from the cup holder

Removed! The ashtray also squeezed down the rubber pads that will need some day to get back to their original shape

But then I had very hard time finding the OEM cover cap for the cigarette lighter!

Stupid cigarette lighter :rant:

The hole missing a cap!

This OEM cap seems to be very difficult to find; or if you find it, the seller asks some ridiculous amount of money (I'm not so mad to pay 50 dollars for a plastic cap). So after searching all the net, I finally found from China these caps (10 for 4,60 USD) that fits perfectly in our cigarette lighter socket:

I only have to remove the useless ring

And voila!

Before

After

This is the link to ebay auction for these caps, but since I now have 9 left, if you want it simply contact me and I'll send you one for free :)

Another small piece for my Project ItaloAmericano :headbang:
(I still need to open the project thread...)
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Dude we are so in sync! Just last week I have been searching everywhere to find a cap to plug into that ugly lighter hole and just couldn't find anything suitable except in the USA, which will cost a fortune to ship.

Great find! I'll pm you my address :)

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Did the same with the plastic caps (cheapo ones) but another solution is one of those USB converter sockets - adds a bit of functionality.

images%2FQ01510-4_001-140126145132.jpg

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Dude we are so in sync! Just last week I have been searching everywhere to find a cap to plug into that ugly lighter hole and just couldn't find anything suitable except in the USA, which will cost a fortune to ship.

Great find! I'll pm you my address :)
Glad to be of help.. envelope ready :)
Oh and BTW congratulations for your compatriot Max Verstappen... great race today!

Did the same with the plastic caps (cheapo ones) but another solution is one of those USB converter sockets - adds a bit of functionality.
Yeah I thought abut that, but since there are already another usb port nearby, I only want to cover this hole and maybe use with something when needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Whoa! I didn't think that others had my same feelings about that ugly cigarette lighter :D

And I'm happy for you knowing that most of you don't smoke (well, at least don't smoke in car :D)

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Someone tries to smoke in my car, they will find themselves out side very quickly regardless of the speed I am currently driving! I usually have a dual sub in mine as well.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
holy - me too! been planning on getting rid of that "lighter" for weeks now...

BUT! Rubber PADS!?! Say what?!!

My cupholders have these little spring powered arms that come out to grip whatever I put down there?!! (never mind that the hole is too large for anything I put down there to be any use...)

Is my car a freak? Is yours?! Is this a difference from MY15 to MY16? (I belive yours is a 15?)!?!?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Well I called them rubber PADS because I don't know the exact name :D however mine doesn't seem to have a spring inside - it's only a 'shaped' rubber piece that seems empy behind, and when I removed the ashtray I had to 'massage' them :doh: for a while to get back the original shape.

See the picture, is this the same of yours?

BTW, envelope for Norway ready, will mail in tomorrow!

7 left for everyone that wants to do the famous "smokers package delete" mod :lol:

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
A lot of effort for something so small. Congratulations on finding what you were looking for.

--Eduardo

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
holy - me too! been planning on getting rid of that "lighter" for weeks now...

BUT! Rubber PADS!?! Say what?!!

My cupholders have these little spring powered arms that come out to grip whatever I put down there?!! (never mind that the hole is too large for anything I put down there to be any use...)

Is my car a freak? Is yours?! Is this a difference from MY15 to MY16? (I belive yours is a 15?)!?!?
Please take a pic of this, mine is like papanist's just air filled rubber pads. Mine is a U.S. Spec btw.

Edit. I think Stefano is the only Italian I know who doesn't smoke!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
A lot of effort for something so small. Congratulations on finding what you were looking for.

--Eduardo
I know.. but the details are what makes the difference ;)

Please take a pic of this, mine is like papanist's just air filled rubber pads. Mine is a U.S. Spec btw.

Edit. I think Stefano is the only Italian I know who doesn't smoke!
:lol: actually you could be right! All my friends are smokers :ninja:

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
I think what [MENTION=6742]gojensen[/MENTION] means is that our MY2016 instead of "rubber pads" we´ve got some sort of spring loaded arms that retract if something wide is inserted in the cup holder.

Could not find any better picture than this one:

Another difference to note in a MY2016.

Taking about armrest area, in MY2016 there is no AUX line-in inside the armrest no matter if you get Navigation+12 speakers or not.....just SD card slot + USB (+front USB underneath climate controls).

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I think what [MENTION=6742]gojensen[/MENTION] means is that our MY2016 instead of "rubber pads" we´ve got some sort of spring loaded arms that retract if something wide is inserted in the cup holder.

Another difference to note in a MY2016.

Taking about armrest area, in MY2016 there is no AUX line-in inside the armrest no matter if you get Navigation+12 speakers or not.....just SD card slot + USB (+front USB underneath climate controls).
:eyebulge: Yeah this seems different!

About aux line-in, this is not present in 2015 also.

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Also, the cigarette lighter in MY2016 is kind of different:

Sponsored