Small rattle coming from the transmission area

AZ_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
So after I got my headers installled and after about a week I started hearing a small rattle at low rpms and during light acceleration. Haven’t been under the car yet but has anyone had any issues with the torque converter going out. I only have 7500 miles on mine with FBO and e85 tuned by PBD. Thanks In advance
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So after I got my headers installled and after about a week I started hearing a small rattle at low rpms and during light acceleration. Haven’t been under the car yet but has anyone had any issues with the torque converter going out. I only have 7500 miles on mine with FBO and e85 tuned by PBD. Thanks In advance

Check the trans block spacer plate, it’s a common issue across the S550 and F150 platform:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/engine-transmission-plate-noise-fix.115718/

Also check the emergency brake cable and attaching assembly found under the driver side trans tunnel. This has been a known source of metallic rattle as well and is hard to replicate unless in a certain RPM range. The cable is loose and raps against the trans tunnel under certain conditions OR could be touching exhaust mid pipe. How to adjust the cable and assembly:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-adjust-your-parking-brake.25204/

if looking at both from under the car, yes visually they will look “fine”, but the Tech (or DIYer) needs to take a closer look to make sure both are not a source of the rattle.

OP
OP

AZ_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Thank you sir I will check it out
Sponsored