Sponsored

SLP LM2 with Resonated X-Pipe?

FordMustacheGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I just installed the SLP Loudmouth II axle backs with the stock resonator and I'm thinking about installing a resonated x-pipe. I really like the way it currently sounds down low but I think it sounds a bit muffled in the higher rpms. I want add just a little of "rasp" up top. I'm also getting a little bit of drone around 2000 rpm although I still have to double check the connections.

Is the resonated x-pipe the way to go? I really like the way the exhaust sounds with a x-pipe (from the videos I've watched) but I want to keep the volume close to the current level.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have LM2 with Borla front muffler. I tried normal X-pipe to make it more race car, but overall it was a little to loud for a DD, plus there was too much drone at 1500. So I went back to the front muffler. There is still just a trace of drone.

Anyway, I get the occasional compliment on the tone, but as I said, it does not land in the box of Loud Exhausts.

I know I didn't answer your question, except that if you think that "resonated" X-pipe with reduce drone over normal X-pipe, then it's worth a try. Expect it to be louder.

Sometimes it's good to like what you already own.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the SLP Loudmouth II axle backs with the stock resonator and I'm thinking about installing a resonated x-pipe. I really like the way it currently sounds down low but I think it sounds a bit muffled in the higher rpms. I want add just a little of "rasp" up top. I'm also getting a little bit of drone around 2000 rpm although I still have to double check the connections.

Is the resonated x-pipe the way to go? I really like the way the exhaust sounds with a x-pipe (from the videos I've watched) but I want to keep the volume close to the current level.
The drone won't go away with the resonated X-pipe. That's the nature of the mufflers. The resonated X will definitely make it sound quite a bit more throaty/less choked-off up high in the RPMs. It will be just a touch louder than the stock resonator, but nowhere near up to where a regular X-pipe would be. I have one of these with my Corsa Sport axleback (which I then make the Xtreme catback in the summer). It won't be raspy but will have a more aggressive tone all around compared to the stock resonator.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I run the SLP LM2 with MF resonated X-pipe. You wont get the 'rasp' up top you're looking for with the set up. You wont get much more volume than you have now, but it is nice and deep which is what I was going for and hard to get with this motor. You may get a bit more 'burble' low speed which make me giggle from time to time. :D

I can't detect any resonance (drone) from the set up, but my hearing isn't what it use to be (too much time spent racing motorcycles with no ear protection years ago).
Exhaust5.jpg

OP
OP
FordMustacheGT

FordMustacheGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the advice, everyone!

I run the SLP LM2 with MF resonated X-pipe. You wont get the 'rasp' up top you're looking for with the set up. You wont get much more volume than you have now, but it is nice and deep which is what I was going for and hard to get with this motor. You may get a bit more 'burble' low speed which make me giggle from time to time. :D

I can't detect any resonance (drone) from the set up, but my hearing isn't what it use to be (too much time spent racing motorcycles with no ear protection years ago).
Would you happen to have a video/sound clip of your exhaust note?

Sponsored

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I don't but let me see what I can do about changing that.

OP
OP
FordMustacheGT

FordMustacheGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
You're the man, thanks for putting that together! It sounds awesome, I'm going to give the catted X a try.

By the way, your mustang looks super clean. Great choice on the wheels.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
No worries and thanks. I had been meaning to do that for sometime. :thumbsup:
Sponsored