andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Hi,
I seem to be experiencing the slight notchiness/grind between 1st and 2nd gear well documented on the web. Much of the discussion seems to be around it being a quirk of the 'box and taking it slow. I notice that it's only between 1st and 2nd, and any other gear to 2nd is fine so probably 1st to 2nd synchro. Anybody else experiences this?
Sponsored

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Have this too. At some point it got so bad that I was unable to get it into 2nd at all. Ford replaced the syncro of the 2nd gear twice now and I still have a very crunchy action. Will be returning the car back for the 3rd time to have a look at.

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a similar problem but it was 6th gear. Ford replaced the syncro and was okay after that.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I had this issue on my manual ecoboost, problem went away when I swapped for an automatic GT :crackup:

But mine was awful, could not change first to second without an awful crunch.

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Yes - it’s horrible crunch feeling. If I change gear slowly it doesn’t happen, any changes at normal speed to fast its got a crunch. Can feel it in my hand and feet. Only first to second...any other gear no crunch and any other gear to 2nd it doesn’t do it. It is better once warm, but always there. I’ve only had the car a couple of weeks so I’ll call in the morning and see what Ford say. Any tips on approach?

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Explain in as much detail as you can on how to replicate it, write it down in an email i’d suggest. Normally they’ll get a technician to go with you as a passenger so you can talk them through it.
Requesting a drive in another mustang is always a good idea for a comparison.

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Booked in with the main dealer who supplied the car. They think they can 'usually' get things done within one day? We'll see. I"ve told her as much as possible and logged the fault within 30 days. I have the Ford Protect Gold Warranty but I've been stung before with the Audi Approved Warranty, which ended up in a small legal battle (what a story - I'll tell you sometime). I'll email and confirm so I have a record of when I brought up the issue.
Sponsored