Sponsored

Slight hood bulge after battery replacement (from battery cover)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I replaced my battery a week ago (XS D4700) and while it sits in the battery box just fine, when I try and put the battery cover back on, it doesn't sit flush and creates a bulge when I try and close the hood. Only on the left side where the battery sits of course. When I take the battery cover off and close the hood, it comes down just fine and there is no gap/bulge. I've tried for a while trying to position the cover as best as I can, but it will just not sit right.

My question is, is it okay to just not run the battery cover at all? Or is it 100% needed. I was running without it for a few days but today I decided to try to put the cover on again and I was not able to get it to sit without the gap in the hood. I'll include some pictures of how bad that gap is.

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2267.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg
Were you able to figure out why it bulged? Anyone successfully installed the 4700 AND have the battery cover fit like stock?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SHxTGUN

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Were you able to figure out why it bulged? Anyone successfully installed the 4700 AND have the battery cover fit like stock?
As others have said, it may have been the aftermarket battery terminals I needed. I haven't really looked too hard into it and have been running with the battery cover in the trunk with no issues. I may buy a stock terminal clamp at a later time and re-try.

And I'm sure there have been others who have had no fitment issues with the 4700 from the sounds of the replies in this thread (with the GT/Eco at least).

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
As others have said, it may have been the aftermarket battery terminals I needed. I haven't really looked too hard into it and have been running with the battery cover in the trunk with no issues. I may buy a stock terminal clamp at a later time and re-try.

And I'm sure there have been others who have had no fitment issues with the 4700 from the sounds of the replies in this thread (with the GT/Eco at least).
Yeah I’ve heard that but not one person has posted a picture of their battery lid installed properly with a D4700 so it’s hard to know what they mean exactly when they say “it fits” lol

Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
So you have the bulge too? I don’t see the retaining clips for your battery cover.
I dont have the bulge.

The retaining clip has been missing since I bought the car 1.5 years ago.

Make sure to buy the short post and not the long ones.

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
You can adjust the hood to sit higher by turning the plastic bumpers located near the driver and passenger headlight near the front of the vehicles engine bay. This can make the hood sit higher which should eliminate the buldge.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You can adjust the hood to sit higher by turning the plastic bumpers located near the driver and passenger headlight near the front of the vehicles engine bay. This can make the hood sit higher which should eliminate the buldge.
That only works for the front of the hood and doing so gives you a gap at the front. Not to mention, folks like me who have the factory hood pins also do not have that option.

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
That only works for the front of the hood and doing so gives you a gap at the front. Not to mention, folks like me who have the factory hood pins also do not have that option.
Hm. I probably would just go back and get a OEM battery or just go coverless and apply dielectric grease to the terminals so they don't corrode from any water that may get in.
Sponsored