Sponsored

Slap one on a dyno please - an accurate one!

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Hoping one of you lucky to get a GT500 delivered in the next couple of weeks will take the time to get us a real world baseline set of dyno numbers. Does anyone know what gear should be use in this situation for accurate evaluation. My 03 Cobra was rated at 390HP from the factory (this was after the 01 Lawsuit debacle) and on a dyno it pulled 368HP to the rears. Meaning real HP at the crank was in the 410-415 range depending on transmission loss numbers you use.

Interested in seeing what these babies pull!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am equally interested, but I will not be putting mine on a dyno until maybe spring or summer 2020. I will want some miles logged before I throw it on one.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I will want some miles logged before I throw it on one.
Can I get a big "AMEN!" on that, please? Surely no one would take a brand new engine and run the snot out of it on a dyno...say it ain't so.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can I get a big "AMEN!" on that, please? Surely no one would take a brand new engine and run the snot out of it on a dyno...say it ain't so.
He does have some miles on it from driving from the dealership in Michigan. Just not enough for me lol. I am very interested in the numbers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
If you find the video (not yet posted) leave a message here. Inquiring minds want to know.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
My bad, Jaime...I mistook the IG poster for the car's owner. Now I know what you're talking about and yeah, a couple thousand to Cali oughta duit. But GOD I'm glad that wasn't one of us having to drive our brand new vehicles that distance and all the associated weather he will encounter(ed).

Edit: He must be back home if he's already filming a dyno clip.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
My bad, Jaime...I mistook the IG poster for the car's owner. Now I know what you're talking about and yeah, a couple thousand to Cali oughta duit. But GOD I'm glad that wasn't one of us having to drive our brand new vehicles that distance and all the associated weather he will encounter(ed).

Edit: He must be back home if he's already filming a dyno clip.
I believe the dyno was done in DFW before hitting the strip.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There is no such thing as a truly accurate dyno. Different dynos spit out different numbers. Then sh!t like margin of error. Calibration. Or how far out of cal. Etc. Come into play. Dynos are good tuning tools. Once a baseline is rendered. But anything else is just a number to brag about.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no such thing as a truly accurate dyno. Different dynos spit out different numbers. Then sh!t like margin of error. Calibration. Or how far out of cal. Etc. Come into play. Dynos are good tuning tools. Once a baseline is rendered. But anything else is just a number to brag about.
Yup, but when you start getting numbers from many different people, from different places, you can start to average a somewhat, or “uneducated” guess/ballpark of what the crank HP may be.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Well, allow me to thank you fellas in advance for the upcoming dyno data on our motors. <smile>

I don't even think there IS a dyno joint in this little hamlet but there must be tuners so some may have one. Will have to investigate that as I would like to see if an outfit like that can actually improve over Ford's numbers.

I realize there are those among us who will say, "Heck yeah it will improve performance," and it isn't that I don't believe that statement, I just have no experience with the subject other than briefly having an old model tuner for my '05 F250. (Which dramatically improved performance, BTW until I took it in for service never THINKING they would flash the EPROM but, you guessed it...they did...bye bye, tuner.) I understand that things are much slicker and more customer-oriented hardware and software is out there now.