Sponsored

Slap one on a dyno please - an accurate one!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Lets face it. Itll be an incredibly easy car to drag. Experiment with launch rpm. Find the optimum launch rpm. Type it in the launch control. Experiment with optimum tire pressure. And hold on. Maybe keep a log to remember how the csr performs best under certsin trsck conditions. The GT500 and the new vette are gonna be very fast cars for anyone that buys one.
Agreed.
Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I think that's one of the reasons we took those results with a grain of salt....most of us would have likely ran the same terrible times with no appreciable seat time and only being allowed 2 runs.

With a rented track, and enough time, I don't see why those runs couldn't be his.
His runs were noticeably worse than the others.

Or he drived when was hotter and the car was hotter with less tire left after some other guys :?
I'm willing to bet it's just his inexperience, something that can be solved with time. Nothing I've seen shows me he should be the benchmark for anything other than how to lie about affording cars.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
His runs were noticeably worse than the others.
I understand...but when you're given two runs, what are you going to do? Run 1 you set the RPM too high and spin city. Run 2 you set the RPM too low and bog. Great...now you're done. Those runs could have easily been anybody's.

I'm willing to bet it's just his inexperience, something that can be solved with time. Nothing I've seen shows me he should be the benchmark for anything other than how to lie about affording cars.
Absolutely, but I think these will be very easy to learn how to launch. The rest is just pedal to the floor and hold on tight. These times I feel will be very repeatable....even for inexperienced drivers.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My buddy that was at the event in Ennis said he was driving the car.
He as in who?
Hes had help the entire time in TX, i would be very suprised if phenom was driving and the shop owner was not.

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I understand...but when you're given two runs, what are you going to do? Run 1 you set the RPM too high and spin city. Run 2 you set the RPM too low and bog. Great...now you're done. Those runs could have easily been anybody's.

Absolutely, but I think these will be very easy to learn how to launch. The rest is just pedal to the floor and hold on tight. These times I feel will be very repeatable....even for inexperienced drivers.
I hope he does end up running those times just to see what the Camaro guys say while they're grunting around their cave fire worshiping their Alpha platform. I just don't see someone who was running the worst times of the day gaining over a second in a single day.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Truth is it really does not make a difference WHO was driving the car, the car is a solid 10 sec car even with a passenger.

I also believe with a few runs to dial it up, it's quite possible he could have been the one holding on.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I hope he does end up running those times just to see what the Camaro guys say while they're grunting around their cave fire worshiping their Alpha platform. I just don't see someone who was running the worst times of the day gaining over a second in a single day.
Ennis is a damn good track they know how to prep it really well I've been there tons of times. Also keep in mind the DA was a hell of a lot better than it was in vegas! My buddy claims he only ran the car about 3 times and 1 of those was with a passenger so someone with experience could probably have this thing in the low 10s I bet.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I agree, doesnt matter if he or someone else was driving, we all knew it was a 10 second car, the icing is it again kills the CG6 egos, that the Evans time was a 1 hit wonder... unless Ford is sending out "ringer" cars to everyone lololol

Im positive if us eastocaster ever get ours, itll do 10.4 stock..

But Cecil just posted they are closed for the year. Atco and MIR are still open as far as i know..

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I agree, doesnt matter if he or someone else was driving, we all knew it was a 10 second car, the icing is it again kills the CG6 egos, that the Evans time was a 1 hit wonder... unless Ford is sending out "ringer" cars to everyone lololol

But Cecil just posted they are closed for the year. Atco and MIR are still open as far as i know..
I haven't kept up with the delivery threads, when's yours expected?

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA

I agree. At least a 10.5. I believe a 10.4 is attainable.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I haven't kept up with the delivery threads, when's yours expected?
currently in bodyshop. But i have friends that will open Atco for a private rental, regardless of public schedule