Skinning a Horse - (PP-Gauge Upgrade)

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Very nice. ------------------ so all I have to do is pull my dash panels and send them to you right?:like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Condor1970

THAT is a great DIY tech thread and damn you have some good fabrication skills!!

It really turned out nice, great job!

Yes, I agree with those Trufiber costs - insane that anyone is paying that much for dash trim. Hell, for $1400.00, I could go buy a used car and flip it for 1900.00.... LMAO.

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
Wow man!! that's impressive. thanx for sharing the link in Kona pix thread

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Amazing work, and to me looks even nicer than my OEM carbon fiber dash
IMG_7699.jpg

Sponsored

kweb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you'll notice carefully, the distance between the gauge and the outer vents is fairly small, and not much surface material in between. That's because the PP-Gauge trim has the outer vent holes mounted further apart by about 1/4". This means that the ventilation ducting inside the dashboard is molded differently for the PerfPack than it is for the base models. If you use the PerPack dash trim, then the vents may not be perfectly centered in the original vent ducts to provide a good seal around the edges of the foam. Is it a big deal? Probably not. However, you are probably losing a little air inside your dash as a result.
It is a little tighter fit but it will work ok. I finished mine yesterday. It took about two hours altogether
Sponsored