Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
No offense Rocketman but in the past it’s been very popular for a lot of GT owners to bash the GT350/R and it’s owners on this GT350 sub forum.
I can't speak for other GT owners, but personally I've always felt the GT350 was a masterfully engineered car, and have nothing but admiration for it. Hell of a machine. 👍

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I should of listed some of Ford’s stuff to. I’ve had a Lightning, SVO, and an SHO. Wish I still had the SVO and Lightning.

Im with you on the blind brand loyalty thing. Real car guys like and appreciate a car based on its attribute vs the badge on the hood. The C8 Z06 is something for us all to be excited about..

Ford has done some outside the box stuff in the last 30 years too...

-SVO mustangs
-Lightning Trucks
-New full electric lightning
-Overhead cam V8's
-SHO taurus's
-Pretty sure they had factory superchargers on the mustangs before Camaro/charger
-FPC VooDoo
-Raptor
-Focus RS
-Both versions of the Ford GT
-They were the first to bring back retro styling with the 05 Mustang (everyone copied)
-Wait till the full electric mustang is released....

Reactions: dps

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
That's just weird man.
I watched that years ago and you can’t get over them catching a guy at night with another car. People are weird.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don‘t get the brand bs. I like pretty much all the cool cars the various manufacturers put out. I just tend to gravitate towards Ford. GM makes some great stuff now. GM has always also been more prone to venture out on a limb then Ford has. I’m going back to the 80’s with really limited production numbers for the GN’s, Typhoons, Cyclones, Gta’s, etc. Mopar has done similar as well. Ford has been relatively conservative compared to the other domestics in that regard. That being said, the 350 and 500 are on different levels and I’m thankful for that. The big winner here is all of us, because what GM is going to supposedly do with the C8 and that engine package means the big three are not done with the combustion engine and the performance side.
With respect to GM being more prone to going out on a limb than Ford over many years of design and production that is certainly hard for me to comprehend.

What was the only automotive constructor from North America that was able to head overseas and win the "24 Hours of Le Mans" let alone win that event 4 years in a row as it certainly wasn't GM?

Aside from the Acura/Honda NSX what other automotive manufacturer has built a Supercar in North America as it certainly was not GM but was Ford and building not just one generation of Supercar (2005/2006 Ford GT) but also a second generation Supercar from 2017 thru 2022?

When it comes to Pony Cars has GM ever developed a 2 seat High Performance Limited Edition Pony Car such as the Cobra R's from 1993 and 2000, 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca or the 6 year run of the GT350R's as it certainly was not GM but instead it was the Ford Motor Company?

Possibly the closest that GM ever came to building a 2 seat Pony Car was the 2014/2015 Camaro Z28 which ended up coming in a 2+2 configuration that came with the NA LS7 427 C.I. and 505 HP engine that was borrowed from the parts bin of the previous Z06 and had a staggering MSRP of $75,000. BTW, what a financial and sales flop that car ended up being for GM over the next 2 years.

With respect to limited production numbers for 1987 Buick Regal Grand National how does ~20,740 cars produced for just that one model year?

No question that GM has produced some outstanding HP automobiles over the years as in the 8 generations of Corvette which is obviously America's Sports Car with my favorite GM vehicles being the 1967 Camaro Z28 RS and the 1965 Corvette which was the launch of the first big block engine in the Corvette (L78 396) and of course the very last year for the fuelie Corvettes.

When looking back and to suggest that Ford has been conservative on their approach to high performance vehicles compared to other domestic manufacturers including GM certainly does not compute with my 50+ years of being an automotive enthusiast of all makes and models.

:sunglasses:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
has GM ever developed a 2 seat High Performance Limited Edition Pony Car such as the Cobra R's from 1993 and 2000, 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca or the 6 year run of the GT350R's as it certainly was not GM but instead it was the Ford Motor Company?
Ya ummm ever hear of the Camaro ZL1 1LE ? NO need for 2 seats, when 4 will do just fine in the Camaro.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hopefully they are copying Ferrari so it doesn't blow up constantly like the voodoo
Hopefully it won't need super expensive engine out service constantly like the Ferrari.

Corvette has jumped the shark.
To me the FPC is a little meh when all you get is a DCT. If you could get a manual transmission with it that would be killer.

Hopefully GM will put this engine in a Camaro. I've been wanting to buy a Camaro for years, but various reasons have kept me out. If the Camaro ends up with an awesome FPC V8 paired with a manual transmission I'm very interested.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
How many of us are seriously considering buying the C8 Z06? Of those that are considering to buy, how many care where the engine was copied from or not copied from? Us meaning 550 owners.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Not sure what your point is with that. I’m not a GM fanboy. The reality is regardless of what you posted Ford in the past was more conservative then GM when it came to limited ”production” vehicles. There is no comparison across GM’s lineup to Ford’s in that regard. It was unfortunate back then and was for quite some time. I remember us organizing letters by the hundreds when Ford tried to kill the mustang for the probe. It was a sad period. As for the grand national reference, what was the production numbers on the gnx? And yes it wasn’t very different from the gn. And the Z28 reference, its a cool car sorry if you can’t appreciate it. I’ve driven one a lot, great car, put it on a track. You‘ve kind of proved my point with the brand bs. I didn’t attack Ford. Simply pointed out where they were as a company in one respect.

With respect to GM being more prone to going out on a limb than Ford over many years of design and production that is certainly hard for me to comprehend.

What was the only automotive constructor from North America that was able to head overseas and win the "24 Hours of Le Mans" let alone win that event 4 years in a row as it certainly wasn't GM?

Aside from the Acura/Honda NSX what other automotive manufacturer has built a Supercar in North America as it certainly was not GM but was Ford and building not just one generation of Supercar (2005/2006 Ford GT) but also a second generation Supercar from 2017 thru 2022?

When it comes to Pony Cars has GM ever developed a 2 seat High Performance Limited Edition Pony Car such as the Cobra R's from 1993 and 2000, 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca or the 6 year run of the GT350R's as it certainly was not GM but instead it was the Ford Motor Company?

Possibly the closest that GM ever came to building a 2 seat Pony Car was the 2014/2015 Camaro Z28 which ended up coming in a 2+2 configuration that came with the NA LS7 427 C.I. and 505 HP engine that was borrowed from the parts bin of the previous Z06 and had a staggering MSRP of $75,000. BTW, what a financial and sales flop that car ended up being for GM over the next 2 years.

With respect to limited production numbers for 1987 Buick Regal Grand National how does ~20,740 cars produced for just that one model year?

No question that GM has produced some outstanding HP automobiles over the years as in the 8 generations of Corvette which is obviously America's Sports Car with my favorite GM vehicles being the 1967 Camaro Z28 RS and the 1965 Corvette which was the launch of the first big block engine in the Corvette (L78 396) and of course the very last year for the fuelie Corvettes.

When looking back and to suggest that Ford has been conservative on their approach to high performance vehicles compared to other domestic manufacturers including GM certainly does not compute with my 50+ years of being an automotive enthusiast of all makes and models.

:sunglasses:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Man…the Lotus designed LT5 was an animal at that time. My uncle had a a 95 zr1. We used to go for 100mph rips in it was I was 14.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Actually Mercury Marine built it; Lotus helped design it.
Mercury Marine also built gen 1 and gen 2 vipers. If I remember it was because of their ability to cast large aluminum castings at that time.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Man…the Lotus designed LT5 was an animal at that time.
Yes Sir. Even with the 'primitive' tuning back then the LT5 would haul some serious ass !
Sponsored