Sponsored

Six Yrs Later - C8 Z06 finally tries to copy Voodoo

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Anyone know if the 5.5L Z06 motor is DOHC or pushrod? I'm assuming DOHC but didn't see it mentioned in the article.

Also didn't read all the comments. Started reading the first page and in typical M6G fashion, people started getting nasty towards each other.
DOHC
Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don‘t get the brand bs. I like pretty much all the cool cars the various manufacturers put out. I just tend to gravitate towards Ford. GM makes some great stuff now. GM has always also been more prone to venture out on a limb then Ford has. I’m going back to the 80’s with really limited production numbers for the GN’s, Typhoons, Cyclones, Gta’s, etc. Mopar has done similar as well. Ford has been relatively conservative compared to the other domestics in that regard. That being said, the 350 and 500 are on different levels and I’m thankful for that. The big winner here is all of us, because what GM is going to supposedly do with the C8 and that engine package means the big three are not done with the combustion engine and the performance side.

Im with you on the blind brand loyalty thing. Real car guys like and appreciate a car based on its attribute vs the badge on the hood. The C8 Z06 is something for us all to be excited about..

Ford has done some outside the box stuff in the last 30 years too...

-SVO mustangs
-Lightning Trucks
-New full electric lightning
-Overhead cam V8's
-SHO taurus's
-Pretty sure they had factory superchargers on the mustangs before Camaro/charger
-FPC VooDoo
-Raptor
-Focus RS
-Both versions of the Ford GT
-They were the first to bring back retro styling with the 05 Mustang (everyone copied)
-Wait till the full electric mustang is released....

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
-Wait till the full electric mustang is released....
As much as I love my V8 and shifting gears, this will be epic. Can you imagine an affordable 2-door sports car with instant torque that you never have to buy gas for and has virtually no maintenance...

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
As much as I love my V8 and shifting gears, this will be epic. Can you imagine an affordable 2-door sports car with instant torque that you never have to buy gas for and has virtually no maintenance...
Do I want to? No.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I really liked the C7. Im having an issue feeling that way about the C8. The styling does not say Corvette to me even if its a better car
Looks too much like an NSX to me. Love the ethos of it - just not in love with the execution. I think the Z06 will fix that, though.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Less maintenance, fewer things to break, faster lap times....win, win, win
You must not love your V8 as much as I love mine. The perks you listed don't mean as much to me as the roar of a Voodoo at 8k.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
zr1.jpg

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Great motor, too bad GM didn't build those. :)
Yeah Lotus did.

Shouldn't matter though, cause it was made with GM's input. Like the Ford coyote is basically a cosworth engine. Change my mind haha. Cheers bud.