Sponsored

Sirius XM. How much you paying ?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
What are you guys/gals paying for this.

My 6 month freebie is almost over. I like listening to Howard Stern occasionally but the music quality on the other channels suck real bad. No way I'm paying $15.99 a month for this.

They just sent me a 6 months for $29.94 deal. Not sure if there's any strings attached to that ?

So if you hold out do you get better deals ?
Sponsored

dkmesa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
What are you guys/gals paying for this.

My 6 month freebie is almost over. I like listening to Howard Stern occasionally but the music quality on the other channels suck real bad. No way I'm paying $15.99 a month for this.

They just sent me a 6 months for $29.94 deal. Not sure if there's any strings attached to that ?

So if you hold out do you get better deals ?
I usually do 5 months for $25 deal. The only string is you have to sign up for auto-renewal at the $16 a month rate when the promo ends. So I call every 5 months to cancel and they "check their database" for any offers and usually come back with like 6 months for $60, then when I say no offer the 5 months for $25.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
keep calling them every 3 months for free trial, no need to pay

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I let mine run out. The audio quality is bad and it cuts out. After a while its just as repetitive as FM radio. If i were to go on . Long cross country trip i would think of reenabling it.

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
I have to agree the sound is kinda crapola.I call to disconnect and they give up the 6 months for $30 deal.For 5 bux a month I will keep it alive.Anything more than that it just is not worth it to me.

Sponsored

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
It's good for talk shows where sound quality is not important. I like to be able to catch the NASCAR races on the weekends and Howard Stern while driving home from work for laughs.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
6 months for $25, had it in many different vehicles now for years. Day before the plan expires, call and tell them I will renew if they do 6/$25 again. Started with this rate back in 2009 on my old G8, still going strong today.

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
Back in 2007 I bought my '06 Mustang, and upgraded the stereo with Sirius (at the time) and when I called and activated it I was convinced to sign up for a life-time subscription for $399. Been on that ever since and so I haven't had to pay a dime. However, I realize they don't offer life-time subscriptions anymore. When I bought my new Mustang and my 6mo trial ran out I had to transfer my subscription. But I was informed it would cost me $80 to have it done! For someone to punch some numbers in a computer on the other end so it would work, seriously. Now I bitched about it at the time, but got it done because I wanted to keep it. I was also notified I would not be able to transfer it again being this was a new factory-installed radio (for whatever reason). Needless to say I was hacked off, none of this was explained to me when I was talked into buying a life-time subscription way back when. Now I realize over all this time, its more than paid off (as opposed to paying the $10/mo which is what it was back then) but it gave me a real inside look into SirusXM customer support and how much they care. So that being said, knowing what I do, and I was looking into signing up for their service today - I'd pass.

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Back in 2007 I bought my '06 Mustang, and upgraded the stereo with Sirius (at the time) and when I called and activated it I was convinced to sign up for a life-time subscription for $399. Been on that ever since and so I haven't had to pay a dime. However, I realize they don't offer life-time subscriptions anymore. When I bought my new Mustang and my 6mo trial ran out I had to transfer my subscription. But I was informed it would cost me $80 to have it done! For someone to punch some numbers in a computer on the other end so it would work, seriously. Now I bitched about it at the time, but got it done because I wanted to keep it. I was also notified I would not be able to transfer it again being this was a new factory-installed radio (for whatever reason). Needless to say I was hacked off, none of this was explained to me when I was talked into buying a life-time subscription way back when. Now I realize over all this time, its more than paid off (as opposed to paying the $10/mo which is what it was back then) but it gave me a real inside look into SirusXM customer support and how much they care. So that being said, knowing what I do, and I was looking into signing up for their service today - I'd pass.
I have the life time as well. They gave me the same speech last time i switched my radio. But, it has paid for itself as I've had it for 6 yrs now.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Lowest cost option...

After the trial period, I opted for their lowest cost option (normally not shown on their website...but offered to me when I called to cancel the whole service). I refused to pay for the music license over-charge. But the lowest cost option still has some music channels which I never listen to...but I still have to pay the music channel 'fees'. The main reason I still have XM is for their 'traffic' and 'weather-radar' options. I like to see the radar overlays on the navigation screen.
I wish that they had an ala-cart option...choose and pay for only those channels you actually listen to.

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
After my trial period I did not renew. Occasionally I would turn on a SiriusXM channel and listen to the offer they had to sign up. I ended up signing up for All Access buy 6 months get 6 months free. When it was time for renewal, I called said to stop the subscription when it expires, they sent me to retention and they offered the same deal. I need the All Access package as two of my main channels I listen to are PGA Tour Network and MLB Network. Both are extra cost with radios that use the Sirius satellites.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I let mine run out. The audio quality is bad and it cuts out. After a while its just as repetitive as FM radio. If i were to go on . Long cross country trip i would think of reenabling it.
This!

The rep that called me to renew asked why I was declining. I said the audio quality made my hears hurt….I got a good chuckle out of her.

Quite frankly, I don’t understand how anyone can listen to that garbage. A cassette tape has better audio quality than sat radio.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
audio quality is not up to par for the retail price they want

$30/6 months is worth it to me though. They will wheel and deal to keep customers.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I let the trial run out,That doesnt stop XM from bothering me every month to accept the 6mo deal.It has 2 usb slots I can put a lot of music using them no need for Xm radio.
Sponsored