Sponsored

Simply Mustangs at Donington Historic Festival - Saturday 5th May '18

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
get those cats cut out and get 3" from manifold back sounds amazing with an oversized x coupled with overfueling get a lovely burble on tickover and all hell breaks lose on back off :)
Think I need to hear this car of yours. Sounds right up my street. :) All I have on mine now is kooks catless headers and a bit of 3" straight pipe to about the back wheels. It's bloody ridiculous but I love it. And when I stick the ghost tune on it, it idles louder than a lot of stangs when revved. :lol:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah I daren't go with a ghost tune worry about any damage it'll do to the actual engine so i'm sticking with normal tunes you're braver than me doing that.

one thing i will credit ford for is their OEM exhaust did a seriously good job of muting down the coyote up front because my god its wild when let lose.

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Think I need to hear this car of yours. Sounds right up my street. :) All I have on mine now is kooks catless headers and a bit of 3" straight pipe to about the back wheels. It's bloody ridiculous but I love it. And when I stick the ghost tune on it, it idles louder than a lot of stangs when revved. :lol:
haha if only I could make it pretty sure i'd win the "Rev Off competition" :)
Sheps you keep saying you would like a trip up to the meet at Howden. Hinch wouldn't save his line lock, to kill the P Zeros, for Howden but the owner of the venue has said he likes a good V8 rumble. Having heard both yours I'm sure he wouldn't be too upset with a little rev-off.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
If you want a burnout i'll give you one next time if you like :)

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Sheps you keep saying you would like a trip up to the meet at Howden. Hinch wouldn't save his line lock, to kill the P Zeros, for Howden but the owner of the venue has said he likes a good V8 rumble. Having heard both yours I'm sure he wouldn't be too upset with a little rev-off.
That would make a cracking video. Similar looking and sounding cars doing a synchronised burn out side by side.:headbang: I am hoping maybe next month to come up but with the car now in having some new parts put on and needing to visit the detailers for work also. I'm having to play it by ear at the moment. If not April shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
LATEST UPDATE: 158 cars already booked this is going to be a mega turnout ....1 of the biggest gatherings of mustangs in the U.K..

There are just over 5 weeks to go before club bookings are closed so if you’d like to be part of this awesome event in conjunction with Donington Historic Festival follow the link below and join the convoy ......see you there.

https://shop.msv.com/Account/Login

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Finally got around to booking this! I'll see some of your there :cheers:

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Just a quick update:-

The current total is 230 Mustangs booked to attend.

There is a convoy for the last 4 miles - meeting at Donington Services at 07:00 ready to depart at 07:30.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers, Peter

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
signed up!

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Count me in too

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Me also

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
This is going to be a good get together.

Should be some good on track historic racing for those interested plus the chance to see what mods you "need" from the other 250 Mustangs that will be on display (I believe that current total is above 230 so hopefully we will make 250 by close of booking).

See everyone there.

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
UPDATE: Posted by Simply Mustangs on Facebook

Hi All,
We have made some decisions re the Gathering on Saturday 5th May, please make sure you fully understand the below.

Meeting at Donington Services.
We have decided that this meeting point should be abandoned due to the potential risks involved, if we had 150 cars in that service area, it would take over an hour to get them all out and on the road to the event, this is without any traffic delays or any other car groups that have the same idea. The chances of sitting in your car for 2 hours or so is high, therefore as a group we are saying no. If you still want meet there with your mates etc then feel free but it is at your risk.

Donington Arrival Times
This is the good bit!. The organisers want all cars parked up by 11am, we would like all cars parked up for photos by 10.am, therefore we request that you arrive at the venue between 8.00am and 10.00am, you do not have to be there at 8am and it may be quicker for you if you arrive a bit later. As long as all cars are in and parked by 10.00am. Please bear with us and follow instructions from the volunteers that agreed to help. It is not an easy task, parking 250 cars! (All Admins and Marshals to be on site at 7.30am)

Conduct
You are representing Simply Mustangs UK whilst at Donington and we have a fantastic reputation to protect, therefore, no burnouts or excessive revving whilst we enter the circuit. We will have no hesitation in removing people who cannot respect this simple request. There will be an opportunity for those that like noise!!

Exhaust Competition.
If you would like to enter the exhaust competition, then please PM me and I will send you an entry form, this will be a controlled area that we can make noise in – full details to follow

General
Not everyone will see this message so please feel free to tag people that you are travelling with etc, I will put a copy in the files section in the group.

We cannot wait for this and we are convinced it's close to the largest single club gathering ever seen in the UK, thank you all so much for your support and here's to an amazing weekend!
Sponsored