Similar subs to JL W7’s (12’s)

Asvy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Asvy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Automatic
I am planning to build a 1500-2000 dollar audio system for my 2016 mustang GT. I want to add morel tempo ultra 602 (2way) components speakers as a replacement for my base speakers and JL Audio RD400/4 to amp them up. I was also told that I should add Rockford Fosgate DSR1 to have the best sound quality possible from my factory head unit. Lastly, the big question I am here for is, is there any other subs that you guys recommend that have the same quality and power as the W7’s but a lower price. I loved the way the W7’s sound because there is almost no distortion and the bass is so powerful. I want to be able to feel the bass in my chest but at the same time I want high SQ clarity, I want to be able to hear the lyrics of the song while feeling that thump in my chest. I am aware that a good installation is a major factor when determining the quality of a sub, and it is really hard to say which sub is better than another one, but I just want opinions. I am a noob when it comes to sound systems, this is my first audio modification to my car.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't really know of any that sounds as good but are cheaper.

I am planning to build a 1500-2000 dollar audio system for my 2016 mustang GT. I want to add morel tempo ultra 602 (2way) components speakers as a replacement for my base speakers and JL Audio RD400/4 to amp them up. I was also told that I should add Rockford Fosgate DSR1 to have the best sound quality possible from my factory head unit. Lastly, the big question I am here for is, is there any other subs that you guys recommend that have the same quality and power as the W7’s but a lower price. I loved the way the W7’s sound because there is almost no distortion and the bass is so powerful. I want to be able to feel the bass in my chest but at the same time I want high SQ clarity, I want to be able to hear the lyrics of the song while feeling that thump in my chest. I am aware that a good installation is a major factor when determining the quality of a sub, and it is really hard to say which sub is better than another one, but I just want opinions. I am a noob when it comes to sound systems, this is my first audio modification to my car.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If you really are concerned about sound quality I would suggest you go with the JL TwK-88 instead of the DSR1. The JL is a much better DSP. Sorry I can't answer your question about the subs.

OP
OP
Asvy

Asvy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Asvy
Vehicle(s)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm familiar with image dynamic but not enough to comment on either, as I don't know anyone that actually have them installed. I can only compare to what I've actually heard. Sorry, I know that didn't help. To be honest, different people will consider different subs as being the best or good enough. I was a ported subwoofer box kind of guy until recently and I listen to various types of music. Now I find myself with a sealed w7.

are you familiar with Adire Brahma or Image Dynamic?

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
OP do 12” or 10” W6’s they have incorporated a majority of the W7’s tech at a much better price with a smaller box foot print. I have W7’s 8” right now and that boom! I just need a new box to transfer them to my Mustang.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
W6's are very good speakers....but heck so are W3's in the right enclosure and size. OP, I suggest picking a budget and then look at the subs that fit that budget.

OP do 12” or 10” W6’s they have incorporated a majority of the W7’s tech at a much better price with a smaller box foot print. I have W7’s 8” right now and that boom! I just need a new box to transfer them to my Mustang.

OP
OP
Asvy

Asvy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Asvy
Vehicle(s)
W6's are very good speakers....but heck so are W3's in the right enclosure and size. OP, I suggest picking a budget and then look at the subs that fit that budget.
I think I am going with Adire Brahmas, the question is what amp should I use for them? Im still noobie when it comes to watts and how much power you need to power subwoofers...
The brahmas are rated at 1000rms
https://www.adireaudio.com/product/brahma-12/

I was thinking about a JL XD amp???

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if I really believe that 1000rms. You still have to add the price of the enclosure, I'm thinking.

I say give it a try. If it isn't what you want, you can join me with having two extra subwoofers sitting in my garage :).

I think I am going with Adire Brahmas, the question is what amp should I use for them? Im still noobie when it comes to watts and how much power you need to power subwoofers...
The brahmas are rated at 1000rms
https://www.adireaudio.com/product/brahma-12/

I was thinking about a JL XD amp???

OP
OP
Asvy

Asvy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Asvy
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if I really believe that 1000rms. You still have to add the price of the enclosure, I'm thinking.

I say give it a try. If it isn't what you want, you can join me with having two extra subwoofers sitting in my garage :).
lol ok, but is the XD 1000/1v2 enough to power them? btw these babies have been gone for a long time and they barely came back like a year or two ago. Talk to any audiophiles of them, they will instantly recognize the brand. It is of high quality, low distortion at high power so you can get that beautiful bass without having it blasting in your face!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)