Sponsored

Similar exhaust systems/mods to the Magnaflow Street?

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Listening to all of the YT exhaust videos I have come to the conclusion that the Magnaflow Street cat back system is what I like....deeper non raspy sound and reasonably quiet. I gotta leave the house at 5:30 am (once this work at home thing goes away). Up here the systems go for $2300. I'm doubtful but I am wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that might sound similar?
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I have the MF Street on mine. I feel that it is the ā€œquietestā€ aftermarket exhaust on the market. So many non-Mustang folks think it is stock. But be warned, even though it is not a ā€œloudā€ exhaust, it does provide a certain amount of drone. As long as I donā€™t lug the engine, not an issue. With 3:55 gears, I keep it in 5th gear until I hit 65-70 MPH.
I donā€™t think you are going to find anything to make your stock system come even close due to pipe diameter. Might be worth a weekend trip down to the states to pick one up? Thatā€™s quite a steep price in either USD or CN. I paid $900 shipped to my door.
FWIW, as the system ages it sounds better. Not sure if Iā€™m just use to it now or with the changes over time but the drone is not nearly as bad as it was the first few years I owned it.

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the MF Street on mine. I feel that it is the ā€œquietestā€ aftermarket exhaust on the market. So many non-Mustang folks think it is stock. But be warned, even though it is not a ā€œloudā€ exhaust, it does provide a certain amount of drone. As long as I donā€™t lug the engine, not an issue. With 3:55 gears, I keep it in 5th gear until I hit 65-70 MPH.
I donā€™t think you are going to find anything to make your stock system come even close due to pipe diameter. Might be worth a weekend trip down to the states to pick one up? Thatā€™s quite a steep price in either USD or CN. I paid $900 shipped to my door.
FWIW, as the system ages it sounds better. Not sure if Iā€™m just use to it now or with the changes over time but the drone is not nearly as bad as it was the first few years I owned it.
I have 3.15s so maybe more drone. The MF Street is only available as cat back and not axle back hence the price. I think it runs around $1700 USD. $900 USD would be great. I'm going to do suspension and wheels so maybe I will luck out and find a used system over the next year but its specific to 2018+ I believe so that might be tough.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
You can get the magnaflow resonator from cj pony parts. I'm pretty sure its the same one that's included in the catback street kit. Cj's sells it by itself and it pairs up nicely with the stock axle back mufflers. Usually runs $260 but goes on sale for under 200 sometimes.

I just put one on my 2019. Its slightly louder and slightly deeper than stock resonator. The rasp is mostly gone which is what I wanted. I'm still deciding if I want to replace the stock axle back mufflers for more volume.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
For the interim could just drop the suitcase for a H pipe. Will give it a slightly deeper tone and a tad louder. Cheapest option and saves you weight while you work on your other mods and try to find a deal on full exhaust.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The Magnaflow resonator sounds interesting. I wonder if later added the MF competition axle back system I would end up with the MF Street system?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The Magnaflow resonator sounds interesting. I wonder if later added the MF competition axle back system I would end up with the MF Street system?
The drone on the comp is massive fyi.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
I believe this would be true. Let me dig around a little but I think the only difference between the street and competition is the inclusion of the resonator.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
MF Competition has glass pack style straight through design mufflers while the Street has chambered mufflers. Think glass packs vs.Turbo Mufflers if you were around in the '80's & '90's. Neither of them have the resonator between the cats and the mufflers like the factory exhaust does.

Also, the pipes are increased to 3" diameter. When I installed mine (and others reported this as well) I had a seat belt bolt that comes through the floor touching the pipe and it made a God awful vibration noise. I had to loosen the pipe coming out of the cat on the drivers side and drop it down about 1/4" to give the X pipe clearance on the drivers side. Now here's the catch to that. The OEM clamp at that junction is a "one time use" clamp that actually forms the two pipes to fit together for a tight seal. I had to completely remove the clamp, wrap the joint with 4 to 6 wraps of aluminum tape and then reinstall the clamp to get rid of the exhaust leak it created. The only way around this was to order a new sub pipe with the clamp from Ford. Not worth it when a roll of aluminum A/C duct tape from Lowe's did the trick.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
MF Competition has glass pack style straight through design mufflers while the Street has chambered mufflers. Think glass packs vs.Turbo Mufflers if you were around in the '80's & '90's. Neither of them have the resonator between the cats and the mufflers like the factory exhaust does.
Both the Street and the Competition systems will use our Signature Straight-Through series mufflers. The only difference between the two systems for 2018+ mustangs is the Street has a resonated X midpipe while the Competition has an unresonated X.

19368_ad591ed4-f6b5-4952-9fe3-8ac9ca0627d6_750x.jpg

19370_5a22cfe7-20c6-4bfb-8de9-0c8703c3886e_750x.jpg

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Can the ā€˜18 resonator be added to my ā€˜15 Street system as a simple bolt in? Curious to see how it would sound.
Sponsored