Sponsored

Silly question: Where do you keep your tuner? (SCT tuner storage)

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
I was thinking I should probably keep my SCT Rev-X and the OBD cable in my car and got to pondering about storage sacks and whatnot.

What do you guys do with yours? Is there a particular bag, box, or case you've found makes storing it and keeping it all together easier? Any particular nook or cranny in the car that it fits in that's out of the way?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have a Procal2. I don't keep it in the car in case it gets stolen or damaged. So I keep it in a safe place in the house. I don't need it ever, unless doing data logs.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Night stand 😅 its useless now, married to totaled GT. 😑 but I always kept it in there.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Be sure to make a back up copy of your stock file in case stolen out of your car.

Sponsored

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I have a ngauge and I have it on a sucker stuck to my window, the top left. A lot of guys remove the middle a/c vent and it fits perfectly. I just don’t want to lose the vent so I used the sticker thing it came with. I’ve had no issues besides the occasional falling off due to the sticky seal being broken. Just a little spit and it sticks right up.

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
But I don’t have to worry about it being stolen… it’s registered to my car and name so no one would be able to use it if they stole it.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Mine never leaves the car. It's connected and logging whenever the car is running/traveling.

OP
OP
GilmourD

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have a ngauge and I have it on a sucker stuck to my window, the top left. A lot of guys remove the middle a/c vent and it fits perfectly. I just don’t want to lose the vent so I used the sticker thing it came with. I’ve had no issues besides the occasional falling off due to the sticky seal being broken. Just a little spit and it sticks right up.

I don't plan on keeping it mounted anywhere, however, but I want to keep it handy in the car just in case. I just got the tunes and have been running the 87 Performance tune since I ended up filling up with regular on the NJ Turnpike cuz the 93 price was ridiculous. LOL Once I get a few tanks of 93 in there I'm going to program the 93 Race tune to see how that is, but I want to keep the tuner in the car just in case I have to knock it back down to the 87 Performance tune due to gas availability.
I actually have my phone mounted between the middle and right vents above the Sync3 display. I have a ProClip with an off-brand PopSocket mount stuck to it.
But I don’t have to worry about it being stolen… it’s registered to my car and name so no one would be able to use it if they stole it.
Yeah, that's not really something that entered my mind, to be honest. It's actually just been sitting on my passenger seat except for the one day last week I picked up my daughter from school and stuck it in the cupholder.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GilmourD

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I keep mine at his house in TN! 🤣 sorry I had too..

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
They stole mine that was in the console, married and registered. Do you think they actually think it through while they're grabbing shit?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
They stole mine that was in the console, married and registered. Do you think they actually think it through while they're grabbing shit?
Exactly my reason for storing it in the house. Thieves grab first and think later... If they can think at all.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Exactly my reason for storing it in the house. Thieves grab first and think later... If they can think at all.
It's a PITA to have your tuner in the house when you can't find E85 and you're in BFE.

If I wouldn't have forgotten to lock my door, I likely wouldn't have had a problem.
Sponsored