honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was so pleased with the quality of the 1st set, i went ahead and bought another set. I just got them today and had a set of cup 2's mounted.

I'll try to get them washed tomorrow and mounted. Limited time.....

20190910_175622.jpg
I see the sickness is setting in :)

I've already started eyeing my 3rd set - but alas, need to wait and do brakes at the same time.

Here I am holding out for a deal on these and @Tomster is on set two :clap: I can't wait to see some new pictures man.

Also for those on the fence, @crazymayhem was trying to start a group purchase on these in another thread.
Once you start, it's hard to stop. Pretty hard to beat
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I see the sickness is setting in :)
No, actually it's practicality. After my carbon fiber wheel was damaged, Ford refused to replace it under warranty. I knew I needed to do something about the problem.... I needed a quality lightweight forged wheel that closely resembled the carbon fiber wheel weight and performance.

Many here on this forum who have damaged a CF wheel have unsuccessfully tried to get warranty replacements.

I'm sick of driving around on the street dodging pebbles that might get lodged between my wheel and caliper. One little mishap, like a curb or pothole accident could set you back about 6 grand.

No thanks. Save the CF for the track. Tire boogers don't gouge CF nor do they score ceramics.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here I am holding out for a deal on these and @Tomster is on set two :clap: I can't wait to see some new pictures man.

Also for those on the fence, @crazymayhem was trying to start a group purchase on these in another thread.
I had mine ordered long before the group buy was started. Funds were freed up from the sale of my 6GR wheels to another forum member. So timing was off. I was not prepared to cancel my order and wait longer after I got the ball rolling.

I have no idea why more people haven't jumped in on the group buy, but these are good wheels.

I'll soon have some photos of 2 R's together sporting the SV902s. Unfortunately, time off is scarce due to my 'ol pal hurricane Dorian. I'm still on the rebound after that one.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Tomster, would you feel confident enough in the strength of these wheels to run them on track with a set of Hoosier R7’s? I’m currently running a second set of OEM GT350 non-R wheels with Hoosiers in the “advanced” group at my local Porsche club’s track days, and I have no concerns about the stock wheels’ ability to take whatever I can throw at them. It sure would be nice to see what I could do with a lighter set of wheels, though, if they would hold up just as well.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tomster, would you feel confident enough in the strength of these wheels to run them on track with a set of Hoosier R7’s? I’m currently running a second set of OEM GT350 non-R wheels with Hoosiers in the “advanced” group at my local Porsche club’s track days, and I have no concerns about the stock wheels’ ability to take whatever I can throw at them. It sure would be nice to see what I could do with a lighter set of wheels, though, if they would hold up just as well.
If you are asking my opinion, I'd say yes. These are stout wheels that I will be running at Daytona this year.

Specifically, only Terrance and signature's engineering team have the scientific data to specifically answer your question. However if you ask my opinion, I believe there would be no problem. I plan to run these in December.

To expand upon my comments, I plan to run the SV902s at Daytona this year. I have confidence in these wheels. The workmanship and design are such that I have zero reservations running them full out. However suitability and guarantees fall on the shoulder of Terrance and signature wheels. All I can do is report how well cup2s do with the wheel in a track environment.

Keep in mind the heavy cast aluminum wheels you are running with your Hoosiers may not be as strong as the forged CNC cut wheels that Signature produces. One of the best things about forged CNC wheels are that they are lighter and provide superior strength to the cast counterpart (depending on the design)

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Go give them hell brother. Every wheel is engineered with the assumption, hope, and expectation to be tracked hard. If you plan to go Hoosier we can also add anti-slip bead knurling to the wheels, along with get you a discount on the Hoosier tires themselves. We build them with a 3-year structural warranty that covers track use for a reason

If you are asking my opinion, I'd say yes. These are stout wheels that I will be running at Daytona this year.

Specifically, only Terrance and signature's engineering team have the scientific data to specifically answer your question. However if you ask my opinion, I believe there would be no problem. I plan to run these in December.

To expand upon my comments, I plan to run the SV902s at Daytona this year. I have confidence in these wheels. The workmanship and design are such that I have zero reservations running them full out. However suitability and guarantees fall on the shoulder of Terrance and signature wheels. All I can do is report how well cup2s do with the wheel in a track environment.

Keep in mind the heavy cast aluminum wheels you are running with your Hoosiers may not be as strong as the forged CNC cut wheels that Signature produces. One of the best things about forged CNC wheels are that they are lighter and provide superior strength to the cast counterpart (depending on the design)
You bring a tear to my eye T. Look forward to seeing these out at Daytona

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Go give them hell brother. Every wheel is engineered with the assumption, hope, and expectation to be tracked hard. If you plan to go Hoosier we can also add anti-slip bead knurling to the wheels, along with get you a discount on the Hoosier tires themselves. We build them with a 3-year structural warranty that covers track use for a reason

You bring a tear to my eye T. Look forward to seeing these out at Daytona
I'm doing my damndest to get that 500 in time for Daytona. The TY car is now a sacred cow (due to a prenegotiated trade in value based on miles) and I'm down to only two R's to take to the track. The base R is a collector, so I guess it will have to be the AG R.

Oh well.

Maybe with some luck, I'll have my 500 for the event. You might want to have a set of wheels on standby.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm doing my damndest to get that 500 in time for Daytona. The TY car is now a sacred cow (due to a prenegotiated trade in value based on miles) and I'm down to only two R's to take to the track. The base R is a collector, so I guess it will have to be the AG R.

Oh well.

Maybe with some luck, I'll have my 500 for the event. You might want to have a set of wheels on standby.
I have something waiting for you.... What color is your car going to be?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
After a substantial time away at work, I came home yesterday night with my sights set on getting my new SV902s mounted. I am extremely happy with the overall fit and finish of the wheels. Both sets have been consistent in quality and care of manufacture. It is a significant investment, and signature wheels consistently delivers time and time again. Below are the second set of SV902s that I bought for another of my R models.

Recently, there has been a streak of denied warranty claims for CF wheel damage that have had the road hazzard warranty. Many are denied and left with repairing or living with CF wheel damage. From past experience, repairing a carbon fiber wheel it is not worth the hassle. Furthermore, the effort of trying to get a wheel replaced under warranty is almost a fool's errand. The odds are stacked against you and a warranty claim is almost a guaranteed "DENIED".

Anyway, here is HR871 sporting my second set of signature SV902 wheels.

I will be running these, as well as CF wheels at Daytona. I'll report my experience with the SV902s on track compared to the CF wheels.

20190924_163256.jpg

20190924_163246.jpg

20190924_163329.jpg

Sponsored

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
The SV902's with Continental Contiforcecontact tires (305 front and 325 rear)
Question: ContiForceContact or Pilot Sport 4S? And why 325?
How much would cost a set of SV902?
Where can I buy the set of TPMS-39's?

Thanks Tom!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Question: ContiForceContact or Pilot Sport 4S? And why 325?
How much would cost a set of SV902?
Where can I buy the set of TPMS-39's?

Thanks Tom!
Um....

One of my SV 902s have Contiforce contacts, the other set of 902s as well as 801s have sport cup 2s.

The contiforce contacts at the time had 325s, 315 is an oddball size. At the time, 315s were not available. Its only about 1/8" wider.

SV 902 prices vary. Reach out to @50 Deep and he will set you up. I cant say enough good things about Terrance and the sinature wheels.

As for the TPMS sensors,, I just saw a thread where someone got them on sale at tire rack. I think they were 30 something bucks each. Thats a good price. I got mine off ebay, but I dont think the guy sells them anymore. Besides, thats about the price I paid anyway..... about $120 per set. Insist on oem, you want the metal stems. If you get oem tpms-39, that's the correct sensor and stem.