Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I understand the brakes affect spoke design, spoke clearance, and overall concavity, which can totally change the look of any given wheel. Outside of these changes are you seeing offset changes vs previous S550 mustangs or is the rear fitment the same, specifically the REAR as i know the new front fenders are new and wider potentially creating specific offsets for GT500. Are the big brakes on the GT500 necessitating flatter spoke concavity even more so than GT350? thanks
Offset changes here are unlike anything I have seen on the S550. We can work around the concave profile pretty well and achieve a medium depth at minimum, with deep concave coming on other designs pretty easily. I have found a way to get everything to a deep concave though, although offsets can vary greatly depending on the design.

Tick tock tick tock lololol
Yours are coming soon. Get your photographer ready.

SV801 GT500 Landscape JVizualz (1).jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Offset changes here are unlike anything I have seen on the S550. We can work around the concave profile pretty well and achieve a medium depth at minimum, with deep concave coming on other designs pretty easily. I have found a way to get everything to a deep concave though, although offsets can vary greatly depending on the design.

Are you referring to the front offsets? I think the assumption would be the offsets would be the same for the rear, knowing the sheet metal is the same, so has the drivetrain hub to hub measurement changed, thus affecting offsets?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I somehow missed the bikini shots T uploaded...

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Are you referring to the front offsets? I think the assumption would be the offsets would be the same for the rear, knowing the sheet metal is the same, so has the drivetrain hub to hub measurement changed, thus affecting offsets?
I am talking more about the rear. Once you get the car in hand you will definitely see. Purposely being vague for now.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Yours are coming soon. Get your photographer ready.

Id like to get black titanium lugs, any specific ones you suggest?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am talking more about the rear. Once you get the car in hand you will definitely see. Purposely being vague for now.
Which rear end are we talking about here?

Id like to get black titanium lugs, any specific ones you suggest?
Steve,

I was after him a long time ago to do black titanium lugs. He doesn't do them.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom: It would be too time consuming to "paint" the lugs to look glossy black but here's an image that is similar, (and quick to generate.)

I dunno about dark lugs...

black-lug-nuts_1920.jpg
There is a chemical process to blacken titanium. Just like the OEM replica wheels, he wont budge.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
id like black, but they dont have to be, im more interested in weight savings lol. anyone know OEM lug weight? the coyote section says 12oz per. if thats true, can save 2l+bs per wheel, rotational, and centered...

yes, ive read the contingencies with TI lugs, yes, im still gonna do them :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
id like black, but they dont have to be, im more interested in weight savings lol. anyone know OEM lug weight? the coyote section says 12oz per. if thats true, can save 2l+bs per wheel, rotational, and centered...

yes, ive read the contingencies with TI lugs, yes, im still gonna do them :)
They feel like they are made of plastic when you pick them up. Very light. I have two sets, but because T wont (or hasn't yet) supplied engineered torque data, I won't use them on the track.