Sig P365 Romeo XL or Kimber Micro 9

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have both. I want to cut down to one EDC. I'm truly torn as I like both pistols. The Kimber stays in the car within reach. Locked out of sight in the center console when I exit. The P365 XL stays holstered. It has the 15 rd mag vs the 7 rd of the Kimber. The Kimber being a single stack is a skosh lighter and will w/o issue, fit in my right rear jeans pocket on the rare occasion that I do not carry the Sig. It is a true pocket pistol. Conversely, the advantage of the Sig is the 12 rd basic mag along with the ability to carry a 15 rd mag full time. This eliminates the need to carry if I so choose, a spare mag. I would need to do so with the Kimber to equal the Sig's capacity. So, for those that EDC, which on would you keep ?
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, that's a personal choice. But my micro 9 never leaves my side unless it's going in the nightstand. Personally don't see the need to cut back to only one carry weapon. Choices are nice as daily situations change.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yup, I like the way the Micro 9 rides when I walk. It never prints.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I would keep both. 6 to 8 rounds are more than enough, IMO (big "IMO" lol).

I normally carry a Glock 43.... although, I have the G19, G26, SW 38, .22 6-shot derringer, and a bunch of other stuff. I went to one gun at one point, but purchased more since I found it limiting.

I'm very comfortable with a 38 or 43 along with the 22 and carrying no extra rounds. If I need to carry more rounds, I'll go to the 26 with larger mag. Love the 38... forget it is there.

Figure if I every pull the derringer, I'm in big trouble... somebody is on my ***. I always have the 22, sometimes as the only gun. It is surprisingly accurate... but then I also practice a lot with everything I carry.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
A .22 is deadly at close range. In fact, it is excellent pp in a motel room. I just may have to add one to my arsonal now that I think of it. Thank you for the input.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are lucky. It’s nearly impossible to get cc permit in NJ. My range offers Utah or Florida cc permit course but does me no good in state. Looking to retire in a free state 😎

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That does suck. Hell, we even have constitutional carry in TX now. No a big advocate of it. It is what it is though.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
That does suck. Hell, we even have constitutional carry in TX now. No a big advocate of it. It is what it is though.
I have a friend in Texas.....he busts my chops how easy it is to go into the store and make a LEGAL purchase.
In NJ we need to apply for a permit to buy a handgun but they're not needed for long guns.
Had to first apply for a firearms id. That took a few months to get. After getting the ID, every hand gun purchased needs a permit. We can only buy one every 30 days. In some non 2A friendly jurisdictions it took months to process if they were lucky. Law is 30 days to process but that didn't stop delays. I had a few permits slip over the 30 day promise for 1 week but for most part 30 days was the norm for me. They recently went to digital on line forms so that has speeded things up. Still sucks.
Unless you're a personal friend of some high ranking politician....no cc permit!
Even cops have hard times getting them and they're on the job.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A .22 is deadly at close range. In fact, it is excellent pp in a motel room. I just may have to add one to my arsonal now that I think of it. Thank you for the input.
I highly recommend the S&W 22 Compact. I bought mine when the ammo supply was just starting to get weird so I could stay on the gun if 9mm dried up. I've run hundreds of rounds through it and the thing will not jam, which is saying a lot for a .22LR pistol. My primary EDC is a S&W M&P 2.0 9c, which is the same form and function as the 22.

While I love my tricked out 9c, it stays locked in the console most of the time. I find I carry either my Kimber EVO SP or my Ruger EC9s more often than not because they're just plain easier to conceal. Funny thing about the Ruger is that I bought it as almost a novelty because it was so cheap, but it's every bit as accurate as the others at the range and I can just drop it into a shorts pocket in the summer and no one is the wiser; it's a great little carry gun.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Sometimes I wished I'd of kept my Taurus G2C and been done with it. :)

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Same as KY I'd guess...

When I was in KY, brought me comfort knowing those around me were armed.

No matter where you go, criminals are going to be armed anyway...

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I have both. I want to cut down to one EDC. I'm truly torn as I like both pistols. The Kimber stays in the car within reach. Locked out of sight in the center console when I exit. The P365 XL stays holstered. It has the 15 rd mag vs the 7 rd of the Kimber. The Kimber being a single stack is a skosh lighter and will w/o issue, fit in my right rear jeans pocket on the rare occasion that I do not carry the Sig. It is a true pocket pistol. Conversely, the advantage of the Sig is the 12 rd basic mag along with the ability to carry a 15 rd mag full time. This eliminates the need to carry if I so choose, a spare mag. I would need to do so with the Kimber to equal the Sig's capacity. So, for those that EDC, which on would you keep ?
You know the answer to this, you just don’t want to do it.
Just keep both. 😆

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You know the answer to this, you just don’t want to do it.
Just keep both. 😆
And buy more. I currently have four pistols that I routinely carry.
Sponsored