• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Do you need to jack your vehicle up or use ramps to install these? No. But would it have made it easier, most likely yes.

I just installed mine by turning the wheel. Talk about hand cramps. The passenger side took me ~10 minutes. The driver's side was 15-20 minutes since I had to use my left hand. And that's where I got most of the hand cramps. Also, not sure I saw it here, but a 7mm socket is what you'll need.
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
According to STEEDA.
These under body strakes, factory equipment on GT Performance Packs and Dark Horse models, help generate more downforce and improve aerodynamics, by channeling air out of the sides of your cars underbody, creating a lower pressure area in the rear helping aid downforce.

Engineered by Ford to improve the S650's performance on the track, these underbody strakes redirect the air flowing underneath your car and generate more downforce for better handling when racing. This upgrade is the perfect way to get improved performance at the track. Made from a tough rubberized material these strakes are resistant to underbody impact and will simply flex and return to position afterwards. See the video for more information.

I understand the principle, not sure if enough "channeling" will generate sufficient benefits. Again, at road course speeds, they just might do some good.
Ford is pretty good about shaving pennies off their costs. I suspect they found benefits in the wind tunnel.