SHRADER REAR SEAT DELETE BLACK

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
From LMR in Waco, TX Their p/n RSD 1516. It can be mounted so that the vertical section can be lowered. I needed this so I can take my service dog.

PXL_20210427_185741925.jpg
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, can you still fold the back down easily?
Also does it let more cabin noise in from exhaust?

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It can be lowered. However, the vertical panel is not hinged. It is held in place by two large plastic push pins similar to the ones used on the hood liner. One can see the indents in the picture. I chose the mounting shown in the picture because I would never lower it. Conversely, one could purchase two button head SAE coarse threaded bolts, flat washers, jam nuts and, wing nuts to replace the plastic push pins. Run the bolts from the inside of the trunk into the passenger compartment. Flat washer, jam nut the bolts to the metal bulkhead. Place the panel over the bolts. Flat washers and wing nuts to hold the vertical panel to the protruding bolts. Necessity is the mother of invention ....... :rockon: 😆

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mike,
may not be best for me then as I put down the seat a lot when I mountain bike.
Also I throw my dog in the trunk and only put one side down for him to crawl through.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
What's the benefit of a rear seat delete? Weight savings? I've taken the rear seats out and they are not heavy. Thinking the total weight savings can't be more than about 25 pounds, hard to imagine any measurable performance improvements. If it's just for coolness factor I get it though.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What's the benefit of a rear seat delete? Weight savings? I've taken the rear seats out and they are not heavy. Thinking the total weight savings can't be more than about 25 pounds, hard to imagine any measurable performance improvements. If it's just for coolness factor I get it though.
Rear seats have been weighed a few times. People report 40-45lbs depending on what all you take out

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Rear seats have been weighed a few times. People report 40-45lbs depending on what all you take out
OK so about 1% of the weight of the car... that's why I was wondering if anyone ever was able to measure a performance improvement. Again, if it's for looks mainly, that's cool too.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
That's if you just take it all out and leave bare metal. If you put back a usable delete kit (not just a molded carpet) then it will add back 15-20lbs.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
OK so about 1% of the weight of the car... that's why I was wondering if anyone ever was able to measure a performance improvement. Again, if it's for looks mainly, that's cool too.
You're not going to notice 20lbs weight savings on your daily commute. You're probably not going to see any meaningful gains on a track either, but this along with many other weight savings do add up so it's just a small piece of the puzzle.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
1% here 2% there starts adding up for a true race car. For 99.9% of the drivers out there, they would not notice the difference. I mean, can you tell the difference when you have a passenger?

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Typically, people don’t JUST do a rear seat delete though. Wheels, exhaust (stock manifolds), brakes, and a rear seat delete would put it at over 100lbs off the car. I’ve seen several threads where the rear seats are weighed out to be 40lbs. The RSD I plan on using is 5lbs. I’m not saying it makes a world of difference but when you’re trying to drop weight while keeping your car 100% streetable, a RSD is a no brainer.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
From LMR in Waco, TX Their p/n RSD 1516. It can be mounted so that the vertical section can be lowered. I needed this so I can take my service dog.

PXL_20210427_185741925.jpg
So how big is your dog, I'm seriously looking for a rear seat delete kit for my 95lb. Black Lab. This looks like it would be almost perfect.
Sponsored