Sponsored

Show off your daily driver when your Mustang is in winter storage.

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Why would I not drive this year round?
50116892376_7eace66830_b.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This bad bitch doesn't owe me a goddamn thing.
106453374_3127373657357578_5303901103407774235_o.jpg
Those are actually really rare, the Pontiac G3 wasn't common to begin with, but most were hatchbacks. The later sedans like that are something you'll pretty much never see.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Those are actually really rare, the Pontiac G3 wasn't common to begin with, but most were hatchbacks. The later sedans like that are something you'll pretty much never see.
I read somewhere that those were the same as the Holdens that GM builds in Australia...

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere that those were the same as the Holdens that GM builds in Australia...
That's some solid info guys.. looks like I'll treat 'bad bitch' to a makeover. Thanks !

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
:thumbsup: You must have gotten a good one.

I was just asking because I caretake my friend's "Oregon property" and he has a 2018 Rubi Unlimited that he keeps there full time to drive around after he flies in.
That thing has been to the dealer 2 or 3 times since day 1 for steering issues. It's got less than 7000 miles on it. It's a beautiful and amazing Jeep, but It's like driving an old sailing ship down the road....its all over the place and you need to constantly correct it to stay in a straight line.
I told him that I would "lemon law" it, but I think he forgets about it once he is away and dealing with his business.
Believe it or not, it’s more rare to have one with steering issues than not. Forums make a mountain out of a mole hill. Most people aren’t use to solid axle vehicles. There are legitimate issues with some, but still fairly rare.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's a Korean built Daewoo, but GM did the job of exporting it to various countries (well in reality GM actually purchased the arm of Daewoo that made cars after they went bankrupt). Same as the Chevy Aveo, which isn't rare. But it's still cool that he has the Pontiac version because Pontiac was already getting the axe by the time the refresh came out due to the 2008 recession. So of the very few Pontiac versions that got built, most were hatchbacks to fit the brand's "sporty" image better. Maybe Canada had different percentages, but I can personally attest that I've never seen a G3 Sedan, EVER. Not on the road, and not anywhere else either. Since I enjoy knowing useless trivia like this and seeing rare badge engineered cars in the wild, it's not that I wouldn't have noticed it either.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Believe it or not, it’s more rare to have one with steering issues than not. Forums make a mountain out of a mole hill. Most people aren’t use to solid axle vehicles. There are legitimate issues with some, but still fairly rare.
Thanks for the good info....
I thought this was a common issue with the '18 and '19 Wranglers, but since there hasn't been a recall on them that I'm aware of it must not be too big of a deal.
I agree with you about the forums blowing things out of proportion.

His is definitely a problem child. He's had many Jeeps over the years and is familiar with them.
I've driven it a few times and it is very noticeable.
I have a suspicion that the local dealer may be blowing him off, but I haven't been involved with any of his Jeep issues and what has been done at the dealer.
He will probably just live with it for a few more years and then just replace it.
Thanks again for your input!

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
It's a Korean built Daewoo, but GM did the job of exporting it to various countries (well in reality GM actually purchased the arm of Daewoo that made cars after they went bankrupt). Same as the Chevy Aveo, which isn't rare. But it's still cool that he has the Pontiac version because Pontiac was already getting the axe by the time the refresh came out due to the 2008 recession. So of the very few Pontiac versions that got built, most were hatchbacks to fit the brand's "sporty" image better. Maybe Canada had different percentages, but I can personally attest that I've never seen a G3 Sedan, EVER. Not on the road, and not anywhere else either. Since I enjoy knowing useless trivia like this and seeing rare badge engineered cars in the wild, it's not that I wouldn't have noticed it either.
Thanks for the info!
I'm going to update the useless trivia file in my old brain with this.
I think it drives my wife crazy when we're driving down the road and see some rare vehicle. Depending on what it is I can sometimes tell her about how many were built, colors, etc.
She's never opened the door and bailed out on me though, so it must not bother her too much.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Oh haha by makeover I mean send it to where I had my Mustang repaired and let them do it.
OK...
By "makeover" I thought maybe you were thinking LS9, Tremec resto-mod stuff.
But as rare as @ice445 says it is, a mild restoration might be a better plan.
Sponsored