Sponsored

Show me those quiet longtube S550s! (15-17)

OP
OP

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Quiet and Long Tubes in same sentence = hilarious! :cwl:

I’ve installed LT’s on every Mustang V8 I’ve ever owned - there’s NO ‘quiet’ with an LT setup, no matter which muffler you choose.

Videos don’t portray reality or actual sound when IN the car cruising at certain RPM’s, when IN car WOTing, upon initial cold start or when being outside of it on a fly by when the driver attempts breaking the sound barrier.

LT’s are LOUD at any level.

You want LT’s and quiet - add another resonator stuffed with fiberglass, 2 more cats and 2 more mufflers... LMAO.
Haha well, I’m not after mouse quiet but not ear bleedingly loud. As mentioned above stock catback is very quiet but I’m just after a little noise.
Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Q
I have long tubes and a stock cat back. It’s not loud at all. Just sayin, it’s 100% possible.
I love the tone and volume of my LTs to stock catback, especially at WOT.

But I have been tempted to replace the resonator with an H-pipe, but I'm worried about ruining the sonic balance I have now, and I'm too cheap to try it out and risk wasting a few hundred bucks on one.

What are your thoughts given you run a stock catback as well?

Jhamp232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love the tone and volume of my LTs to stock catback, especially at WOT.

But I have been tempted to replace the resonator with an H-pipe, but I'm worried about ruining the sonic balance I have now, and I'm too cheap to try it out and risk wasting a few hundred bucks on one.

What are your thoughts given you run a stock catback as well?
Initially after installing the Kooks I was disappointed that there wasn’t much of a change, but I’d prefer too quiet than too loud, so I let it be.
I’ve only driven the car a few times since weather broke (for a weekend) in the Midwest, and now I’m really happy I left it as is. I might install cut-outs for nights at Byron/US41, but I definitely don’t want to change the current street manners.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Initially after installing the Kooks I was disappointed that there wasn’t much of a change, but I’d prefer too quiet than too loud, so I let it be.
I’ve only driven the car a few times since weather broke (for a weekend) in the Midwest, and now I’m really happy I left it as is. I might install cut-outs for nights at Byron/US41, but I definitely don’t want to change the current street manners.
Can you post a sound clip for us please? I never get tired of hearing beautiful music in the form of a nice exhaust note.

Jhamp232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, I have a recording from when I installed it....but apparently I’m 90yrs old because I’m not sure how to upload. Upload to YouTube and attach link? I’ll try that....

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, I have a recording from when I installed it....but apparently I’m 90yrs old because I’m not sure how to upload. Upload to YouTube and attach link? I’ll try that....
Yep, that’s all there is to it.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Hi guys,

I am about to get my 1 7/8" headers & 100 cell cats installed soon on my 2017 S550 which currently has Roush ACTIVE axle backs & stock suitcase resonator.

I am assuming because of the Roush axle backs it will still be pretty damn loud (want to keep the axle backs because of the active exhaust feature) - Ideally id like it to retain same loudness as just the axle back setup I have now, or even just a touch little louder but that's doubtful since its headers we're talking about here...

Anyone got any videos of their quiet setups? if its good enough I may just look into moving on from the Roush axle backs (bonus points if you have videos of my setup with catted headers just so I know what to expect)

Mainly going headers route to let the engine breath better since its also supercharged.
I have the same exhaust no cats and long tubes except I have the Corsa double x and no resonator. Mine isn't active but with the block off plates in its pretty quiet with them out its by far the loudest car I have ever owned and I have owned some loud cars.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
TS Headers (offroad), Magnaflow Street active exhaust very quiet