Sponsored

Show me amp to battery

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Show me your clean amp cable to battery post connection. Thanks!
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
That would mean removing the battery cover and losing another of those damn plastic rivets into the abyss.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
That would mean removing the battery cover and losing another of those damn plastic rivets into the abyss.
Almost couldn't stop laughing at this!

OP
OP
chipmaker

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Fine, I'm done anyway. I only dropped 1 plastic thing and a glass fuse.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Power wire comes from passenger side firewall, up to the battery box and here is the pic.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
chipmaker

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
What I'm really looking for is whats under the red cover. Ive seen nice connectors and Ive seen people just shove the wire in there. I have never seen the hardware like the Mustang has for where the battery cable attaches to the post. Is the small nut on top for tightening cable clamp?

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Well, I finally finished my setup. My original plan was to purchase an amp to give a little more power to the Punch 8" that I installed in the stock sub location. I scrapped that plan when I found the P300-12 that includes a built-in 300 watt amp. I paid $163.00 on Amazon.

Also bought the Boss 4 gauge wiring kit. Ran the power wire through the passenger firewall. The remote wire is tapped off of the fuse panel. Installed my ground inside the spare tire wheel well. Drilled a small hole and sanded the paint around it. Installed a nut, bolt and lock washer. silicone at the end. The sub came with a plug for tapping the rear speakers. I had previously purchased some metra wire adapters. They come with four connections but the center two weren't being used. Soldered the speaker wires and installed the wire wrap.

It has a remote gain knob that I plan to install in the center console. I'm keeping the Punch 8. I like that I can turn the gain all the way down on the 12 when needed, and it still sounds great. It's a total of 15 speakers now!

Decided to cut my trunk mat so I could easily pull it out and wash it without wrestling the box. Velcro is holding the sub to the carpet.
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 11.16.32 AM.png
2.png
3.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 11.22.49 AM.png
Sponsored