wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
The process would be the following -

- Wash and Decontaminate (Iron remover and/or a clay bar/towel)
- Dry
- Polish
- IPA wipe down (You can mix your own at 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol and water, I prefer to use Carpro Eraser or Gyeon Prep.)
-Apply the Sealant
-Apply the Wax*

*Ideally, you would use one or the other, as in either the wax or the sealant. Both are fantastic and don't need to be used in combination. If you do want to do it that way, use the sealant first then the wax. Wolfgang DGPS needs 12 hours to cure though before it sees water or another liquid (wax).
Perfect. Thanks. Will follow your steps.

Once again, THANKS...
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
eye of the beholder my man! tbh his first post was just a side front shot and I don't keep up that well with higher end Euro performance cars, guess I should.
Sorry man, didn't mean to have a dig at you.

As a Jag man, it's really sad that the brand is not as well recognized or visible in the market. They are beautiful cars, very dynamic in feel and really undervalued by car enthusiasts. In my opinion, the current model Jaguar XE is the car the BMW 3-Series used to be, compact and very dynamic.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I found this video from when I did the drive day with Jaguar. I just uploaded my first ever Youtube video!

For context, this is literally the 7th or 8th lap I had ever done on a racetrack, a wet racetrack at that.......and a track that is known to be very slippery in the wet. So, no records were being set that day. The video was kindly shot by a fellow guest in my group, he knew it was my first time and little nervous.

(22) Jag Drive Day - YouTube

The car I was driving was the F-Type R AWD, my co-driver was Tony D'Alberto.

Sponsored

Mongoose930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
427 Cobra
That's really NICE.... For those who follow the Shelby Cobras whether genuine or kit - I immediately noticed the rims and knew at that point it wasn't just another cookie-cutter Cobra... I mean, the attention to detail is spot on... :clap::clap::clap:

How/where did you source the all-aluminum body shell? Was it from Kirkham?
Here's the link for others who don't know who Kirkham is... https://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/
It is not a Kirkham body. I actually used an English wheel to make the hood/boot when I took the weekend class at Proshaper - https://www.proshaper.com/. The rest of the body was wheeled on a very accurate buck in the midwest. This is the only recreation that I am aware of that has the wider rear fenders like the first 23 competition Cobras. Most replicas have the SC flares.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Same.

My spec would be the pre-facelift coupe, the R with AWD...........in red, naturally.

ftra.jpg
ftr2.jpg

My experience driving F-Types has been on the racetrack. I started with the 4-cyclinder, stepped up to the V6 and then the Supercharged V8 in that order. The 4 and 6 have the better agility, but it's hard to argue with a supercharged V8 with over 500hp and AWD for confidence.

IMG_2084.jpg

The V8 in that car is the best engine I have ever experienced, bar none! It just pulls and pulls to the most intoxicating soundtrack. šŸ¤¤

IMG_E2087.jpg

My laps driving were then backed up by a balls to the wall lap with a pro-driver at the wheel, OMG what a ride!

Sighhhhh. Why is my chosen hobby so expensive. :frown:
Iā€™m sorry but everyone know a true British sports car MUST be British Racing Green.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
No truer words were ever spoke.
1661999651496.jpeg
I find it to be no accident that the S550 body lines are very much evocative of many classic GT cars by Jaguar, Aston Martin, Ferrari and others. This is why I was willing to put all my marbles in the S550 basket even before we had a real chance to see the S650. By my reasoning it isnā€™t possible that the S650 could be any prettier, and by historical precedent it will be somewhat more complex.

If I can figure out a way to expand my garage I may try to sweet talk the wife into another one. Iā€™m truly a hog for these beautiful cars!
Sponsored