Show and Shine... Post your ride

Docstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT conv, 2018 Lincoln Navigator
Did you receive the correct floor mats with your car?

I received just regular black mats. Dealer is taking care of it.... I think the factory screwed up.
Yes I did get correct mats.
Sponsored

Docstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT conv, 2018 Lincoln Navigator
Amazing to my eye how much better those wheels look being grey rather than black as on the Bullitt. đź‘Ť
I agree. I'm not a fan of black wheels (even tho I had them on prev car). I like the stock california special wheels, but bigger fan of the Bullitt wheels.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How much did those tiles run you? I would like to do that this summer.. not sure if i want to do it myself or hire someone yet!
Being in Australia, we pay through the nose for just about everything! Each tiles costs $12 a piece here, and with an oversize four car garage, it was a significant cost.

I would recommend looking at these sites to help you gauge the cost, being made in the USA I assume these will much more affordable for you in the home market. One of those sites give a $6.39 /sqft price.

https://www.swisstrax.com/ribtrax-pro-flooring-tile.html
https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/garage/swisstrax-garage-tiles.html
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/swisstrax-ribtrax-pro-6-pack-10-32-sq-ft

If you don't like the Ribtrax, they also do a smooth version as well.

Couple of reasons I chose this floor -

-I hate mess, the thought of stripping the entire garage, grinding the concrete and sealing with some sort of coating just was not going to suit me. The dust, the mess, the moving of everything and waiting for the coating to dry was not an option.

-Handing the task over to a contractor did not interest me either, I wanted to be in control of the project, control what and when things were done.

-These tiles therefore cover up all the sins, can be easily self installed, and suit my detailing needs.

I installed the entire thing with some help in about 7 hours. I worked my way from the garage door back, leaving the cuts till last. I obviously had all the cars parked in the street but only moved stuff like cabinets as needed, shuffling forward onto the already installed tiles, then sliding back into place when done. This saved me the time and hassle of re-organizing afterwards. The worst part of the install was the aching legs for days afterwards.

The install is pretty easy, the cuts are the hardest part, making sure you measure correctly. As a gardener and detailer, if I can install it, anyone can!

This floor wont suit everyone, I wouldn't go for this if you do a lot of wood or metal work. For detailing, it's perfection. The whole space is just so much nicer to be in now. I actually had so much enjoyment out of installing the floor that I sort of want to do it all over again. If you are on the fence, just do it!! You wont be disappointed.

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Being in Australia, we pay through the nose for just about everything! Each tiles costs $12 a piece here, and with an oversize four car garage, it was a significant cost.

I would recommend looking at these sites to help you gauge the cost, being made in the USA I assume these will much more affordable for you in the home market. One of those sites give a $6.39 /sqft price.

https://www.swisstrax.com/ribtrax-pro-flooring-tile.html
https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/garage/swisstrax-garage-tiles.html
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/swisstrax-ribtrax-pro-6-pack-10-32-sq-ft

If you don't like the Ribtrax, they also do a smooth version as well.

Couple of reasons I chose this floor -

-I hate mess, the thought of stripping the entire garage, grinding the concrete and sealing with some sort of coating just was not going to suit me. The dust, the mess, the moving of everything and waiting for the coating to dry was not an option.

-Handing the task over to a contractor did not interest me either, I wanted to be in control of the project, control what and when things were done.

-These tiles therefore cover up all the sins, can be easily self installed, and suit my detailing needs.

I installed the entire thing with some help in about 7 hours. I worked my way from the garage door back, leaving the cuts till last. I obviously had all the cars parked in the street but only moved stuff like cabinets as needed, shuffling forward onto the already installed tiles, then sliding back into place when done. This saved me the time and hassle of re-organizing afterwards. The worst part of the install was the aching legs for days afterwards.

The install is pretty easy, the cuts are the hardest part, making sure you measure correctly. As a gardener and detailer, if I can install it, anyone can!

This floor wont suit everyone, I wouldn't go for this if you do a lot of wood or metal work. For detailing, it's perfection. The whole space is just so much nicer to be in now. I actually had so much enjoyment out of installing the floor that I sort of want to do it all over again. If you are on the fence, just do it!! You wont be disappointed.
But surely you get dirt, and debris water stains etc under the tiles that would drive most people, let alone an OCD, crazy?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you go with a tile floor I would highly recommend etching and sealing the surface.

You can get those products at any paint store.

Sponsored

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
Yes I did get correct mats.
Can I get a picture of the the mats you received? I wanna make sure I got the correct mats from my dealer. I just received them un the mail.