Should i twin turbo a GT mustang or buy a GT350

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
I am looking opinions on whether or not I should twin turbo a GT or buy a GT350.
I currently own a 2016 V6 mustang and want to upgrade.
I have 3 ideas: Either engine swap the V6 for a 5.0 gen 3 and twin turbo it to make about 650 to 750 hp, including the necessary upgrade mods like brakes, shocks, fuel system, etc.

Or I could just trade my V6 mustang for a GT and do the same setup. I figured it might be better to just trade my V6 mustang for a GT because the GT already has a capable transmission, drive shaft and probably other parts I haven't thought of. Also there's a bigger market for GT mods than V6 mods. In the end I think it might be easier and cheaper going that route, but I'm not entirely sure, that's why I'm asking for your help.
And the last idea is to buy a GT350, but I would leave the GT350 stock.

I love all 3 Ideas but I almost like the 5.0 build a little more than the GT350 because I would have more hp and because I really like the thought of haveing twin turbos. What do you guys think is better in terms of one being cooler, more fun, cheaper, and easier?
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Gt350s look and sound amazing but I absolutely love DDing my TT mustang.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would not do the engine swap. That means new wiring harness and all related electronics. I like to keep things as simple as possible, so I'd go with a GT and a supercharger. That is the best way to address the lack of low-end torque.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
GT350

Sponsored

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I know I wouldn't want a swapped out car on the resale side of things if you ever were gonna resell it at some point. It would have to be completely wild (which this could be) for me to even garner a look...

I'd get the GT350 personally

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
What do you guys think is better in terms of one being cooler, more fun, cheaper, and easier?
Betterā€¦is subjective
Coolerā€¦GT350
More funā€¦50/50 split
Cheaper and easierā€¦Supercharged GT

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Why did you want a V6 Mustang?
Why do you want a Twin Turbo Mustang?
Why do you want a GT350?

It's kinda like a kid saying I want a dog, or a cat, or a gerbil. Wildly different things that are good for completely different things. Good luck playing fetch with your pet, when it is a cat or a gerbil.

bullitt5566

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighning Blue GT350 2010 Blue Flame Raptor 2001 True Blue Bullitt
The 5.0 swap will cost more than just buying a 5.0 Mustang, so that out. Then it comes down to what you want. If you looking for something fast, buy the 5.0 and modify it. If your looking for an amazing road car buy the 350.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not knowing what your end game is it's hard to make a recommendation. If it was me...I wouldn't do the swap unless you plan on keeping the car forever

Gt350 is a great car, I'm biased but that's the only mustang I considered. Many reasons as to why that was though.

Selling the v6 and getting a GT sounds like your best option if you just want a TT mustang.

all comes down to what you want to do with the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Big Red16

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
Why did you want a V6 Mustang?
Why do you want a Twin Turbo Mustang?
Why do you want a GT350?

It's kinda like a kid saying I want a dog, or a cat, or a gerbil. Wildly different things that are good for completely different things. Good luck playing fetch with your pet, when it is a cat or a gerbil.
To answer your questions, I bought the V6 mustang just over a year ago because I wanted a fun car that wouldn't cost too much and didn't burn too much gas. Now I don't mind having a mustang that burns a lot of gas and I don't mind spending more money to buy a GT or GT350.

I want a twin turbo mustang because I always loved hearing the sound of a turbo and I think there just sick. Also, I know I can make the 650 to 750 hp with a turbo and love the idea of having a moded GT.

I want a GT350 because I think everything about it is awesome, the engine, the transmission, the exterior and interior look, and the sound. Also, if one day I do decide to put more money into it, I could modify it and maybe turbo it, but it would definitely not be any time soon after buying the car because the GT350 is already really expensive.

OP
OP
Big Red16

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
G T 3 5 0

OP
OP
Big Red16

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
I know I wouldn't want a swapped out car on the resale side of things if you ever were gonna resell it at some point. It would have to be completely wild (which this could be) for me to even garner a look...

I'd get the GT350 personally
Yea that's a good point, I never even thought about that. I'm definitely not gonna engine swap my V6, I'm either gonna buy and twin turbo a GT or buy a GT350. Thanks for the insight.

OP
OP
Big Red16

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
If I did decide to buy a GT and twin turbo it, what would I have to do to the car to make it capable of handling 650 to 750 hp. I know I would have to get better shocks, breaks, and tires, but I'm not sure what else I would have to do.
Sponsored