Sponsored

Should i twin turbo a GT mustang or buy a GT350

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The value is decreased by half lol although it doesn’t increase value to most people. That why i put it back to stock and trade it in and sell the kit. If the car is clean and done right some one will pay more might take awhile.
It all depends on what you are willing to do. Yes if you take the kit off and lie by omission not telling the buyer that you hammered on the car with a TT kit you will sell it for more money. I agree that is true.

I wouldn't feel right about doing that, so I know that the value of the car would be degraded. I would hate to buy a used car and not know it had spent its life with a power adder on it. Golden rule and all that. :like:
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
meh…first rule of life is karmas a bitch, but I don’t fault anyone for pulling the mods and selling a car.

is it sketchy, sure
does it happen, ALL the dam time

do your due diligence when buying, and you can’t miss the signs of something like turbos added and removed.

too many bolts will have shiny heads to be a coincidence 😉

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Its just a mustang, the book value is the book value. There is no option in kbb for once had a turbo on it.
Id rather have a well maintained turbo car then a stock one owned by a teenager.

I have yet to see the power adder mustang for sale less than book value.

AfriqueNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack
If I did decide to buy a GT and twin turbo it, what would I have to do to the car to make it capable of handling 650 to 750 hp. I know I would have to get better shocks, breaks, and tires, but I'm not sure what else I would have to do.
I have the GT TT from Hellion. BEFORE I put the kit on i was making close to 500 WHP with bolt ONS and E85. I would beat my friends GT350 easily. It's cheaper to build out the GT and you can daily it all year round. The GT350 will lose value if you daily it and modding it will destroy it's value and collector status. Go with the GT unless you want a garage queen.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
It's cheaper to build out the GT…
agreed, but…

The GT350 will lose value if you daily it and modding it will destroy it's value and collector status. Go with the GT unless you want a garage queen.
politely disagree…value and collector status are absolutely completely and totally irrelevant to some of us.

…but what you want and DRIVE it!!!

ps…I’m visiting Hellion in 21 days, for no appropriate reason 😬

Sponsored

AfriqueNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
agreed, but…

politely disagree…value and collector status are absolutely completely and totally irrelevant to some of us.

Sounds totally appropriate to me!!! Now it sounds like you are in the same area of the country as Hellion. I'm in NY. I ordered it through Lethal Performance along with a few gauges and other items for a great price. The problem i ran into was shop to install. That was a nitemare that i will one day talk about. I can't even imagine molesting a GT350 like that. Lol.

AfriqueNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
agreed, but…

My buddy said the same exact thing. UNTIL he saw what the resale value was and a strange thing happens. You start wearing New Balance sneakers and Jorts and placing your GT350 in one of those Amazon bubble garage thingies.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Power adders are for rich people IMO. Figure any money you spend on TT or a blower is thrown away and the value of the car is decreased by half. Also figure there's a non-zero (maybe as much as 15%) chance that you will break something expensive.

And remember you will see your tires go up in smoke. Tires are expensive.

So if you're rich and don't mind all that, go for the glory and TT a GT. Otherwise I think a nearly stock GT350 is a lot better for long term $$. And they are great IMO.
I traded my 2018 Mustang GT with a Roush Phase 2 blower on it for $8k above KBB in July of last year. It had 14,000 miles on it. Now on my second one with a 2019. It has the same kit and the dealer called me and offered me $55k for it. I paid $49k..

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I traded my 2018 Mustang GT with a Roush Phase 2 blower on it for $8k above KBB in July of last year. It had 14,000 miles on it. Now on my second one with a 2019. It has the same kit and the dealer called me and offered me $55k for it. I paid $49k..
That's really great. Did you install or did a mechanic do it? My guess is the value is a lot higher for something that was dealer/mechanic installed.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
That's really great. Did you install or did a mechanic do it? My guess is the value is a lot higher for something that was dealer/mechanic installed.
both cars were bought from the same dealer and they did the SC install. Service has been mainly at a second dealer that is closer. I sold the 18 to the first dealer but the last offer came from the service dealer.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I can't even imagine molesting a GT350 like that. Lol.
stay tuned and I will fill that imagination gap for ya 😎

My buddy said the same exact thing. UNTIL he saw what the resale value was and a strange thing happens. You start wearing New Balance sneakers and Jorts and placing your GT350 in one of those Amazon bubble garage thingies.
lol…I quit worrying about resale value when I bought a one year old Dodge Daytona Shelby Z Turbo, and took a bath on it back in 1995 😂

irrelevant…a blower is a blower is a blower 😉

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
lol…I quit worrying about resale value when I bought a one year old Dodge Daytona Shelby Z Turbo, and took a bath on it back in 1995 😂
Not gonna run on to many people that can say they owned one of those.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I am looking opinions on whether or not I should twin turbo a GT or buy a GT350.
I currently own a 2016 V6 mustang and want to upgrade.
I have 3 ideas: Either engine swap the V6 for a 5.0 gen 3 and twin turbo it to make about 650 to 750 hp, including the necessary upgrade mods like brakes, shocks, fuel system, etc.

Or I could just trade my V6 mustang for a GT and do the same setup. I figured it might be better to just trade my V6 mustang for a GT because the GT already has a capable transmission, drive shaft and probably other parts I haven't thought of. Also there's a bigger market for GT mods than V6 mods. In the end I think it might be easier and cheaper going that route, but I'm not entirely sure, that's why I'm asking for your help.
And the last idea is to buy a GT350, but I would leave the GT350 stock.

I love all 3 Ideas but I almost like the 5.0 build a little more than the GT350 because I would have more hp and because I really like the thought of haveing twin turbos. What do you guys think is better in terms of one being cooler, more fun, cheaper, and easier?
To answer the original question from the title of your posting : If you were after gobs of good power at twin turbo or supercharger set up will be the way to go . While the GT 350 is a fantastic automobile you will be extremely disappointed at the lower power level it is not very quick.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Not gonna run on to many people that can say they owned one of those.
cannot deny…but then I have a list of cars like that 😂

While the GT 350 is a fantastic automobile you will be extremely disappointed at the lower power level it is not very quick.
cannot deny this either…but once you wring them out above 4,000 it a whole nother animal 😉

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
A TT GT or even a TT V6 is gonna be faster than a GT350, unless you were gonna TT that as well
Not on a road course. Which is why figuring out your desired use matters.

Plus Car & Driver did a test of a dealer that was selling Mustangs plus aftermarket super charger kits. And despite a claimed 700hp, they were only slightly faster than a standard GT and slower than a GT350.

Couple of other issues, if you just want 650-750 hp. A supercharger is cheaper and easier than turbos.

If you just want to brag that you have a lot of horsepower, just lie. Like most internet power claims.
Sponsored