Sponsored

Should I sell my Mustang and get a C7 Corvette ?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the link. Good read.

I’m only 5’5” so fitting in a car isn’t a problem for me. The bent wheel thing seems like a recurring theme and I’ve seen that over on the Corvette forums. I guess you could say the same about the GT350 oil consumption issues (mine uses a little but not enough to warrant a replacement engine…yet).

I definitely hear you on the idea of tracking a car with a removable roof too. My wife doesn’t really care for the idea of having a 2 seater (though she loves corvettes) but the practicality isn’t really why you buy a car like that. And we have an SUV for practicality’s sake. Tough choice. I guess I’d have to try and rent a C7 and spend a day with it or try and find one near me to actually drive and see how it feels. I do think the 350’s power plant is way more unique and special and that’s what is really keeping me from doing it I think. If it were a Bullitt or a GT PP I’d have made this decision by now easily.
Yes definitely drive one. I really liked the C7 in general. It's just that not fitting in a car is pretty much a deal breaker.
I think if I were your size I would have bought a C7 GS or at least a Z51 option car. I'm 6'4". Just assume you should buy a nice set of aftermarket rims and add that to the cost. Or maybe you will luck out and find one that already has aftermarket rims on it. And be ready for some QC issues with the car. Probably similar kinds of things we have experienced with Fords.
Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Since I bought my car new no I wouldn't. C6s and C7s have leaky gas tanks among other problems that occur in and outta warranty. Overall just seems more problematic. I'm glad I went with the new car as I considered many new and used (Vettes, GTRs, Supras, etc).

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Since I bought my car new no I wouldn't. C6s and C7s have leaky gas tanks among other problems that occur in and outta warranty. Overall just seems more problematic. I'm glad I went with the new car as I considered many new and used (Vettes, GTRs, Supras, etc).
Yeah I could understand the attachment to new. I’d be looking to get something still under warranty on the Corvette side if I did it. Either factory or GM extended.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The C7 prices are crazy high right now. I've been lucky and not bent a wheel on mine....but, on the other hand, I've not been lucky enough to drive it much in the last couple of years. Sometimes, it sucks working in one state and living in another. But it was the reason for buying the Mustang.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Sell for a C7 yes absolutely.

Its not even close unless you wish to have a backseat its a no brainer.

Even a base C7 suspension is on another planet better than coil over strut!

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't believe I've heard of the leaky gas tanks in the C7s.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nah. Corvette isn't really an old man's car. It's just that a new Corvette is too expensive for most young guys, and too impractical for guys in their 30s and 40s with kids who may actually be able to afford one (i.e., me), so they end up buying their first Corvette in their 50s when a) their kids are grown and gone and b) they can afford one. That'll be me, by the way. I enjoy taking my kids on drives and I couldn't justify the Z06 purchase with no back seats. I'll probably end up with a C9 Z06 once my kids are grown and out of the house. Or, maybe an end of run C8 Z06 - but I'm not in love with the C8 looks - I much prefer the C7 Z06 styling over the C8. We'll see once the C8 Z06 comes out what styling improvements are made.
Corvette= Old Guy. Z06=Old Guy W/Z06. Same thing. No thanks.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how many Seniors own S550 Mustang's?!
Mustangs aren’t Corvettes. Gold chains, big bellies and speedos are Corvette territory. With or without a cigar.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs aren’t Corvettes. Gold chains, big bellies and speedos are Corvette territory. With or without a cigar.
Seniors who drive Mustangs are really 25 year olds in costume. Just ask the wife.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
lol that depends on what age you consider old. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few 70-year-olds on this forum :)

Are you saying you don't want to live to be old :) j/k

Corvette= Old Guy. Z06=Old Guy W/Z06. Same thing. No thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol that depends on what age you consider old. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few 70-year-olds on this forum :)

Are you saying you don't want to live to be old :) j/k
Too late.
Sponsored