Sponsored

Should I put my Mustang in my Carry on or Checked luggage?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I am a going to be headed to the Netherlands for about 5 months for a work project (from the US) and was curious about the feasibility/cost of shipping my EB mustang over with me (obviously not in my carry-on bag ;) ). I am just wondering if anyone on here has any real life experience doing this type of thing (outside of military folk as I believe they get nice exceptions) and could give me some non-specific advice on what this would generally involve and any rough pricing people have in mind. This is basically a hypothetical exercise so any debby-downers can stop reading now.

To further explain myself: my current understanding is that this would basically involve needing to convert the car fully to the European spec model (primarily thinking emissions) and have it tested as such. There would also be the cost of just shipping, and I would assume some sort of VAT, import tax, and/or other tax. Doing 30 minutes of google search and 5mins of forum search only yielded me with just rough costs of shipping nothing explaining taxes or regulation information let alone the nitty-gritty stuff like insurance. So I figured I would pick the hive-mind's brain to see what information I could gather easily.

FYI I have previously spent over a year there so I understand that having a car there at all is relatively unnecessary, and that gas is expensive, and that parking (and driving) a mustang in most any city in NL would be more difficult than a dump truck in Manhattan (compared to the tiny euro-hatchbacks). Like I said this is basically a hypothetical since the two things I will miss the most while there are my girlfriend and my car, and my girlfriend has her own job to work in the states but my car would have nothing better to do than tag along with me.

Also sorry for the clickbaity title.
Sponsored