Sponsored

Should I not test drive a ‘19 2SS Camaro?

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Oh boy......just back from a test ride.
2SS with npp exhaust, manual tranny, magneride suspension and other goodies I would order.

Motor, motor, MOTOR, Loved the grunty torque of the 6.2 liter. Pulled anywhere from idle to almost redline. Big block vs small block. Both have their charms. I enjoyed the torque of the Camaro and living in New England, hard to find spots to wind out a Mustang.

Tranny. Just about perfect. Did nothing wrong, ratios seemed fine and clutch was smooth.

Ride: noticeable difference in the drive modes. Handles fine and since no track duty, the 2SS would be what I would order. Quiet and pretty smooth in tour, exhaust bark and stiffer when in sport.

I would order a 2019 and yes, I like the looks and like most refreshes, it will make the old car look a little dated.

Now I need to talk to the dealer messing with my Bullitt order and make a decision.
Nice setup.

I'm biased because I'm ordering a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE and a Shelby GT350.

I like the new backend, the new hood, but front end still growing on me. :facepalm:

I believe the manual trans is the same as the GT350, Tremec 6 speed. Great trans.

6 speed in Stang = Crap. A10 is good.

TQ kicks azz with the LT1 engine.

Stang probably has more comfort cause the 1LE has firmer/better suspension.

I believe in the 2SS you can order "Blind Spot" monitoring if you are worried about visibility.

Better daily driver goes to Stang.

Camaro SS = Best Bang for the Buck.

Where can you find a New car with a Corvette engine, Shelby 6 speed for $35,000.00 :rockon:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=186034469
Sponsored

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
You're gonna hate the blind spots, the A/C vents are weird, and the engine won't be as rewarding up top. I think it sounds better inside, but doesn't sound as good outside so that's a big subjective call.

The torque down low is lovely, it makes the car feel more fun around town since you don't need to wind it out. This is especially true with the 18+ as they for some reason lengthened the gears in the manual. The manual gearbox is better as well, gotta love Tremec. The car will handle better as well.

Both vehicles have their issues though with reliability. Camaro has diff problems I believe, 18+ Mustang has engine and trans. Pick your poison.

The only Problem with the Camaro diffs is a groan when it is cold. It goes away after a few minutes of driving. The cars are bullet proof.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only Problem with the Camaro diffs is a groan when it is cold. It goes away after a few minutes of driving. The cars are bullet proof.
So you wouldn't mind if I shot your car a few times? I could use a small caliber. :wink:

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you can catch me :crackup:
Good comeback.

So you're going to run away rather than find out whether your Camaro is really bullet proof?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Nice setup.

I'm biased because I'm ordering a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE and a Shelby GT350.

I like the new backend, the new hood, but front end still growing on me. :facepalm:

I believe the manual trans is the same as the GT350, Tremec 6 speed. Great trans.

6 speed in Stang = Crap. A10 is good.

TQ kicks azz with the LT1 engine.

Stang probably has more comfort cause the 1LE has firmer/better suspension.

I believe in the 2SS you can order "Blind Spot" monitoring if you are worried about visibility.

Better daily driver goes to Stang.

Camaro SS = Best Bang for the Buck.

Where can you find a New car with a Corvette engine, Shelby 6 speed for $35,000.00 :rockon:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=186034469
An even better visibility aid is the camera mirror. The rear view mirror serves as a screen for a rear view camera. Cadillac CT6 and Chevrolet Bolt already have this feature. I drove a Bolt that had this for a couple weeks. Game changer. I could load the Bolt cargo area to the ceiling and still see perfectly everything that was behind me.
Sponsored