Sponsored

Should I not test drive a ‘19 2SS Camaro?

lazgun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pat
Vehicle(s)
2008 bullitt
Its heavier by what.less then 20 lbs, but is more compact and is lower to the ground
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Had my 2015 GT for 3 years and I liked the car ..Best part is they love boost !! I have had my 2018 SS since July 19th and I love this car .. Comparing my Base GT to My 1SS the SS is just a bit better everywhere ..I daily drive it and to me it's very easy to live with .. More planted than my GT , less twitchy steering , tracks better on bad roads .. My GT was one of those that had the driveline vibration and it was hell to live with .. The SS is smooth at any speed .. I ended up getting one for lesser price then a 2018 Base GT and it came with more goodies than the GT , 20 inch wheels , 8 inch touch screen , etc. ..
I really would like to have a Bullitt myself ( Big fan of Bullitt ) and I love the highland green color but the price killed it for me .. So go ahead and flame me , I'm ok with that ..

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
IMO if you are a manual person go camaro or gt350 (used). Tremec. Not a whole lot more to say there.

A10 then stick with the yote. ;).

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IMO if you are a manual person go camaro or gt350 (used). Tremec. Not a whole lot more to say there.

A10 then stick with the yote. ;).
I never liked the manual box in the Camaro. Maybe it's just the shifter, but it always seemed really sloppy to me. I like the MT-82 a lot better than the Camaro manual transmission.

I do like the Tremec in my GT350, but my understanding is it's a completely different unit than what they put in Camaros.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I never liked the manual box in the Camaro. Maybe it's just the shifter, but it always seemed really sloppy to me. I like the MT-82 a lot better than the Camaro manual transmission.

I do like the Tremec in my GT350, but my understanding is it's a completely different unit than what they put in Camaros.
It's a perception resulting from the shifter. I know exactly what you mean from driving various cars nearly back-to-back. The regular SS shifter throw/gate, forward and back, is a bit long which makes shifts feel too econo-box like and sloppy. The shifter in the 1LE version is a bit shorter in thrown and gives a different feel. The MT82 has a nice feel, but it suffers the opposite problem, where the issue is more related to the transmission design internally - the gates, side-to-side, are ridiculously tight. I also enjoyed shifting the MT82 over the regular SS TR6060, from a pure stance of shifting. The 1LE shorter shifter is about perfect.

The GT350 TR3160 is just a modified version of the TR3160 in the Caddy's and Camaro's - different gear ratios and gear dimensions, for the most part; to the smaller, changes to the gear treatment and synchros. Otherwise, pretty similar - same basic architecture, same gear centerline.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's a perception resulting from the shifter. I know exactly what you mean from driving various cars nearly back-to-back. The regular SS shifter throw/gate, forward and back, is a bit long which makes shifts feel too econo-box like and sloppy. The shifter in the 1LE version is a bit shorter in thrown and gives a different feel. The MT82 has a nice feel, but it suffers the opposite problem, where the issue is more related to the transmission design internally - the gates, side-to-side, are ridiculously tight. I also enjoyed shifting the MT82 over the regular SS TR6060, from a pure stance of shifting. The 1LE shorter shifter is about perfect.

The GT350 TR3160 is just a modified version of the TR3160 in the Caddy's and Camaro's - different gear ratios and gear dimensions, for the most part; to the smaller, changes to the gear treatment and synchros. Otherwise, pretty similar - same basic architecture, same gear centerline.
I didn't notice a difference between the regular Camaro vs. the 1LE on shifting, but it's been a couple years. Maybe they have changed the shifter design since I last drove a 1LE.

I daily drove MT82 cars for 3 years and I really liked them as long as the shifter was in good shape. I had one where the shifter was trashed. After I replaced it with an MGW it worked well IMO. I like the gates being close together. This never seemed like a problem to me. But I've only test driven Camaros and never lived with one for an extended period of time.

I actually preferred the MT-82 to the Tremec box in the GT350.

OP
OP
airfuel

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I got my deposit back from the (lying) dealer for my Bullitt and placed an order for a 2019 2SS Camaro with dual npp exhaust, magneride 6m tranny and fancy wheels.

Pretty disappointed the Bullitt never panned out and I still have a soft spot for Mustangs.
Who knows, maybe all those raffle tickets I purchased will produce a winner!

I’m sure a Mustang of some sort will be in my future.
This is a great forum and will still hang around.

See some of you on the C6 forums.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
what color? They look good in the darker colors IMO.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. I have the black metallic and holy hell, it's dusty as soon as I'm done wiping it down.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Will I be impressed with the off idle torque that makes cars feel fast?
Will I be in love with the manual tranny? (no auto please)
Will I hate the interior and blind spots?
What about handling?

I am being messed around with my Bullitt order and I am looking over the fence......do I see green grass there?
And yes, I think the new styling is better than the old one. (But the Mustang is well, a Mustang!)
What does your wife think?

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Personally, I can't get passed how ugly the Camaro is. Yes, it may have some better handling and power versus a GT but our Mustangs are so damn sexy. Add some aftermarket parts and you'll eat the Camaro for breakfast.
Sponsored