Not open for further replies.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
im for sure gonna do some big mods to my 5.0 and i really wanna cam it and get a cobra jet intake but i cant decide if i wanna do stuff now or later cause if i do it now then i wont have the warranty
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
im for sure gonna do some big mods to my 5.0 and i really wanna cam it and get a cobra jet intake but i cant decide if i wanna do stuff now or later cause if i do it now then i wont have the warranty
Very simple. Can you afford any repair that could occur if a warranty claim is refused for a known modification? If your willing to pay out of pocket go for it. If you can’t proceed with caution.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Roush blower and keep the warranty?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
How many miles on the car so far? how much do you drive this car? how long will it take you to put 36,000 miles? Just so you know if you mod the engine, you will only void your power train warranty. Electronics will be fine.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
How many miles on the car so far? how much do you drive this car? how long will it take you to put 36,000 miles? Just so you know if you mod the engine, you will only void your power train warranty. Electronics will be fine.
Don’t forget that the powertrain warranty is 50,000 miles.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Very simple. Can you afford any repair that could occur if a warranty claim is refused for a known modification? If your willing to pay out of pocket go for it. If you can’t proceed with caution.
Bingo! This 1000x! Leave the car alone if you aren't willing to pay for something that breaks or if you don't have the money to pay for something that breaks!

You are okay to do basic mods like an axle back exhaust system at any time without fear of the warranty being voided on the powertrain.

It's getting to a point where heavily modding a new car just isn't worth it anymore. The EPA has really cracked down on emissions tampering so things like a tune have been watered down (the gains you get). Not to mention LTHs are difficult to pass emissions with.

Any new car in my future will be strictly cosmetic mods with maybe an exhaust system. My current Mustang will be the last one I heavily modify.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Don’t forget that the powertrain warranty is 50,000 miles.
Not if you mod it, lol

Imo OP needs to do more research, cams do almost nothing on this engine unless you're making big power or trying to stretch every last ounce of top end HP, the stock head flow and VVT profiles are about as good as you could ask for. Same with the stock intake, the gains with cobra jet are pitiful, plus then you have hood clearance issues.

If you want to mod, try starting simple with an exhaust.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I wasnt going to do anything to mine as it was my first new car and wanted to keep the warranty. I now have 12k miles on my 2019 and a few things done. Warranty is probably gone. I am a gear head and lifes to short to wait if you can afford it now. Id prolly pass on the cams and intake myself and go straight to supercharged. But thats your decision

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Not if you mod it, lol

Imo OP needs to do more research, cams do almost nothing on this engine unless you're making big power or trying to stretch every last ounce of top end HP, the stock head flow and VVT profiles are about as good as you could ask for. Same with the stock intake, the gains with cobra jet are pitiful, plus then you have hood clearance issues.

If you want to mod, try starting simple with an exhaust.
I've seen people lose a bit of performance for a better "sound." He may want to change cams just for the noise.

It's like the signature Subaru burble. People replace their equal length headers with unequal length. Yes, it gives the burble sound people like. Yes, it hurts performance. People do it for the sound.

Sponsored

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Have a Ford dealer install your mods to keep the warrantee in place.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
My only mod is an "oil catch can", I hope that doesn't void the powertrain warranty.. 🤪
I still have the existing hose neatly put away. Oh, almost forgot, tomorrow I am getting a H-Pipe installed over at Steeda, that may change things a little.. :blush:

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
It doesn't void the power train warranty. It gives them grounds to deny and puts the very heavy and unlikely to succeed burden on you to prove it didn't cause the failure. Also it wouldn't cause a full power train warranty failure. A transmission mod wouldn't cause an engine failure to be denied just because the transmission is modded.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
There’s a ton of stuff you can do that won’t void the warranty and then when the warranty expires you can do heavy engine mods. That’s what I’m doing
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.