Sponsored

Should i got for an axle back exhaust or a hpipe?

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
is the Hpipe a better choice then the axle back, i feel the axle back will be way too loud thoughts?
Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
is the Hpipe a better choice then the axle back, i feel the axle back will be way too loud thoughts?
A friend put on a H pipe on his 2016 GT and I found it sounded almost stock, not much change at all, so I went with the SLP Loudmouth 2 axleback and love it. I kept the rest of the exhaust stock.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on which axle-back you're going to install. Some are obnoxious because it's basically a muffler delete (or literally, in some cases). Axle-backs are much more expensive but the performance gain (not much) is going to come from an H/X pipe.

I have active exhaust and an h-pipe. It can be quiet or loud as hell and anything in between.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Work your way rearward with exhaust. Headers, then hipo cats, then x or h pipes and then finally mufflers. Freeing up restriction closer to the engine helps it "breathe" better (Essentially creating a larger exhaust "plenum" if you will). By the time the exhaust has cooled down and surface/boundary friction has worked it's magic on the exhaust, the pulses aren't as defined and don't have any real scavenging ability that far back (rear axle). Granted in the extreme, say putting a 1 inch diameter tailpie is going to kill the gains of the other improvements, but the stock setup really isn't that bad, I don't think there are much performance improvements just for swapping the mufflers.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
H pipe and SLP exhaust. Great tone, good around town, wild when you jump on it. Some drone at 65 but not bad

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
OP does your car have active exhaust?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 pp1 and installed a Steeda X pipe. I wanted a little more volume but nothing that would draw unwanted attention. Removing the "suitcase" was where I started and sense I was happy with the results I stopped there. If you are in the fontana area you are welcome to stop by and listen to mine.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
If you have active exhaust - do a resonator delete. (i prefer the H) You will be beyond impressed with how it sounds and also the viability of the exhaust so you can alter the volume as you please.
If not, im sure there will be plenty of options and youtube videos out there to help you choose.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I went for the axle-back first (Roush). Got the sound/tone I liked. Then later, with prodding from the wife, I added an h-pipe to really turn up the volume.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You're gonna hafta' start with telling us what you want out of your exhaust system there Scooter.

Louder? Quieter? Harsh/metallic race-car sound? Mellow burbly? More HPs? Just a change in the sound?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
SLP Loudmouth 2 axleback and love it
You'll love it more with an H-Pipe & Free Flow Exhaust !! ZERO rasp next to nothing for DRONE.
117893929_3244597522301857_899644528076678686_o.jpg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
If concerned about loudness, do the Steeda H pipe and call it a day. Cheapest to do and will add some noise but not obnoxious.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
nah it doesnt but my choices are the corsa hpipe or mbrp axle backs
Hearing a friend's non-active exhaust with H-pipe in person convinced me not to go that route. It was a little louder than stock but tinny at higher RPMs. I have the Roush axle back with stock resonator and it sounds much better than his.
Sponsored