Sponsored

should i get rid of my 2021 5.0 and get a terminator ?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build to take out pullied Terminators. I had a return fuel system, TVS, and full exhaust and put down 750rwhp.
Very nice. I never said all terminators. :crackup:

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
New Edge are the Volkswagen Jetta of the Mustang lineup. Terminator or otherwise, please don’t ever ask if you should sell your S550 for a New Edge ever again. The answer is an emphatic no. No no. Please God no. Don’t ever never no. No no.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Has anyone here been in a really fast terminator car? I've been in stock ones...700rwhp ones....and a 1100 twin turbo one....

For a weekend car...so much fun! Just depends what you are looking for

But come on guys... show the terminator more respect....that was the car that started the high end special edition mustangs .....give a little more respect to your elders lol
It's more being realistic than showing disrespect. If the OP could buy the termi and keep his s550 then why not? If he loves it so much. The question was should the OP sell his s550 for a termi as his only car.

I love the terminator; 10 years ago I would've killed for one. However, I never would consider trading my 19 GT pp1 for one. If I had the space and money, sure, but if that were the case I'd still have my fully built SN95 along side my s550.

There's also the added problem that it's an old car that, if used as a daily, will frequently need upkeep. If the OP has very little to no experience under the hood then the honey moon phase will be over real quick.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I LOVE Terminators and I'm a huge fan of the New Edge body, but I could never go back to one. I'd miss things like Bluetooth, the better sound system, NOT having to take care of 20+yr old parts, while also having down grading to a slower car in all form, unless modded.

Would I have Terminator as a SECOND car? Sure. Would I trade my S550 for one? No.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I don't think I saw this on here yet, but have you made a list of pros and cons yet? It's great to get everyone else's opinions before making a big decision like that, I tend to do it as well. But have you actually considered your own? I assume you do really like your S550, otherwise you wouldn't be seeking advice from others. You obviously really like the Terminator as well, which is why you're thinking about it. So, make a list of pros and cons keeping in mind you've already got the S550 and the opportunity cost you'd face to get the Terminator. Then, see what your list tells you.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I had a Terminator for 8 years before I got my S550. I love those cars and they are very iconic. But going from that to my S550 Premium its hard to go back. I wouldnt own a Cobra in place of my S550. However if I could I would own both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
That thing looks evil in all the right ways....if your going to sell your s550...that's a terminator I would do it for .....if I didn't live is nazifornia with all their stupid smog rules I would love to own something like that
hell yeah imagine seeing that thing coming at you in the night lol thats the terminator you drive out the gates of hell in with the pedal to the floorboard

OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
It's more being realistic than showing disrespect. If the OP could buy the termi and keep his s550 then why not? If he loves it so much. The question was should the OP sell his s550 for a termi as his only car.

I love the terminator; 10 years ago I would've killed for one. However, I never would consider trading my 19 GT pp1 for one. If I had the space and money, sure, but if that were the case I'd still have my fully built SN95 along side my s550.

There's also the added problem that it's an old car that, if used as a daily, will frequently need upkeep. If the OP has very little to no experience under the hood then the honey moon phase will be over real quick.
my s550 aint my daily. my daily is a 97 ram 3500 srw. ive had my s550 since august and it has about 2500 miles on it.

OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I don't think I saw this on here yet, but have you made a list of pros and cons yet? It's great to get everyone else's opinions before making a big decision like that, I tend to do it as well. But have you actually considered your own? I assume you do really like your S550, otherwise you wouldn't be seeking advice from others. You obviously really like the Terminator as well, which is why you're thinking about it. So, make a list of pros and cons keeping in mind you've already got the S550 and the opportunity cost you'd face to get the Terminator. Then, see what your list tells you.
one big big reason is i wanna have a mustang i can mod the hell out of and with a terminator i dont have a warranty to worry about and i would be able to put more money into one

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
one big big reason is i wanna have a mustang i can mod the hell out of and with a terminator i dont have a warranty to worry about and i would be able to put more money into one
That certainly makes sense. I guess my question there would be, if you want to modify something, what is worrying you about the warranty with the S550 exactly? If you get the terminator, modify it, and break it, you've got to fix it. If you do the same with the S550 the only difference is you've voided the warranty yourself rather than it expiring over time. Given your goal for it, though, it doesn't sound like the warranty needs to really be a factor for you. There's really no difference in that regard. This would essentially become one of your opportunity costs to consider, especially since you've got a warranty right now. If you get rid of the S550, that's gone immediately. If you keep it, you've got the warranty until you go crazy with your mods.

Another thing to consider is while you may be able to put more money into the terminator than the S550, how much of that extra money will be spent just getting it to the same level as the S550? There is a decent performance gap between them, and given how much terminators tend to go for (decent examples anyway) I imagine you'd spend roughly the difference just matching what the S550 can do. So then, you've spent roughly the same money getting the same performance, except the S550 had that performance WITH a warranty. But again, that really comes down to how important the warranty is to you.
Sponsored