Sponsored

should i get rid of my 2021 5.0 and get a terminator ?

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
If you really really want a Cobra, then get one. But only get it if it's because you've always told yourself, "I just need to own one." The S550 will be light-years ahead of the Cobra in overall performance and capabilities. The Cobra is more of a nostalgia and piece of Ford history. Still cool, but I'd vote to keep the S550, unless you can get both.

I used to own a 2004 Cobra, and my current S550 based Shelby is waaay better than that thing ever was.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it 😊
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
Good luck on finding one cheap, obviously I can’t look at every Craigslist but there is only 43 terminators for sale in the entire country. Cheapest one is 24 grand. Yeah you can buy one that’s destroyed for cheaper I’m sure.
i saw that one for 24k its black with 90k miles i was looking at it

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I know it's frowned on to rag on the old cars, but man....yea.....I very, very briefly owned a 2001 V6 convertible, and that thing was a piece of junk; the hood would rattle like it was gonna come off the car at over 60 MPH, plus the interior fit and finish was terrible, handling was awful....luckily I hadn't already sold my '94 Honda Accord as a trade in, so I was able to pass on the Mustang without too much loss.

It was a car I very much wanted to love, but it was just so lacking I couldn't.
Hey I loved the car but I wouldn't get it to just be my main car. I remember spending weekends installing sound deadening and then putting rubber spaces between trims as they would rattle like no tomorrow. OHH no not again please :cwl:

OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
If you really really want a Cobra, then get one. But only get it if it's because you've always told yourself, "I just need to own one." The S550 will be light-years ahead of the Cobra in overall performance and capabilities. The Cobra is more of a nostalgia and piece of Ford history. Still cool, but I'd vote to keep the S550, unless you can get both.

I used to own a 2004 Cobra, and my current S550 based Shelby is waaay better than that thing ever was.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it 😊
you got my dream mustang bro. shelby super snake

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Good luck on finding one cheap, obviously I can’t look at every Craigslist but there is only 43 terminators for sale in the entire country. Cheapest one is 24 grand. Yeah you can buy one that’s destroyed for cheaper I’m sure.
Compared to the new Gen 3, the Terminator is antiquated, lack of luster, nothing really special except for the word "Terminator". Sorry, I just don't see it. But if that's what you want, go for it, you only live once as they say.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
damn, some s550 snobs up in here :cwl: ill go against the grain and say get it if you want it. but figure out why you want it. the s550 is a better starting point for performance, yea. but based on the logic some seem to have if that's the only reason, then what's the point of having anything prior to s550. sell those foxes to replace with an s550... if you want it for what it is, go for it. i still love my 95 SN even though it is inferior in most ways to my '19. and a terminator is one of the best SN cars to get. but anything can be modified to your taste, too. can mod a terminator to run circles around many s550s if that's your goal. if all out performance is your only goal, keep the s550.

just make sure you know why you're trading and doing it for the right reasons. you see far fewer SN95s, let alone terminators, cruising the streets so that creates some appeal right there. i love the terminators for what they are, and would also love to own one. and if you get it and change your mind, it'll probably be easier to get back into an S550 than going the other way around. by that i mean it'll be easier to come across s550s you want than terminators you'd want. either way, your money, your car, get what you want and enjoy the hell out of either one :rockon:

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
you got my dream mustang bro. shelby super snake
The Super Snake is the best of all worlds for me - it's faster than I'll ever need it to be, and it brings people joy when they see it since there's not that many around.

Honestly, if you're looking for that same kind of feeling, a Cobra would be a good fit. They're plenty fast for the street, but also command attention when they're clean and in good shape. The only downside is that they make every mechanical noise known to man sometimes 😅

Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Sounds like someone can't afford the payments on a s550 after all .

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
We have an expert here! Man that is so ignorant of you. You dont even know the man.
Go read a few of the other topics he's posted. Then get back to me. There's a reason behind everything.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Go read a few of the other topics he's posted. Then get back to me. There's a reason behind everything.
ok, i just did out of curiosity since i saw your post. things make more sense now.

and damn, i wish i had an s550 gt equivalent in high school.
Sponsored