Sponsored

Should I get New 2019 EB PP1 101A or just settle with used 2018?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
What was your Out The Door quote?
Don’t remember but it was about 9K off the car without any haggling due to their WOW price. Gave me a fair price for my trade in. I had my financing set from my local credit union plus add tax and title bs. Same as any other dealer would charge in my state. I saved some on tax due to my trade in. I had an out the door price before I left and brought my cashiers check from my credit union.

I drove up looked over the new car, test drove it then signed the paperwork. Stayed at a local hotel that night then drove back the next day. Pretty simple process.

You could always call them to enquirer about a certain car your looking at and ask them for a out the door price.
Sponsored

Last edited:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I dont think the gas mileage between your IS 350 and the GT is all that different to be honest. I average 24 a tank in the mustang GT with 87 in it. Maybe slightly better with 93.

I do think if your flexible to travel slightly you’ll find a used GT in your price range. Regardless I bet you’ll find a 2019 EB if your willing to travel a bit also.

All the normal places to look, craigslist, autotrader, FB marketplace, Carmax.....nice thing about carmax or echo is they will bring it to you local store and they dont sell crap cars. I would seriously consider carmax.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I bought during the end of summer sales event in August of 2015. MSRP was 37k, -4k discount, and an additional 1k down payment assistance from Ford for an OTD price of 32k. Also bagged 0% for 72 months.

OP
OP
dittydefinitive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Non
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost (Premium Plus, Perf. Pack, Ruby Red)
Don’t remember but it was about 9K off the car without any haggling due to their WOW price. Gave me a fair price for my trade in. I had my financing set from my local credit union plus add tax and title bs. Same as any other dealer would charge in my state. I saved some on tax due to my trade in. I had an out the door price before I left and brought my cashiers check from my credit union.

I drove up looked over the new car, test drove it then signed the paperwork. Stayed at a local hotel that night then drove back the next day. Pretty simple process.

You could always call them to enquirer about a certain car your looking at and ask them for a out the door price.
That's pretty much what I figured. I already have the loan ready for X amount (which I'm not yet telling the dealers). The loan is set for a specific amount, but even though I am already approved to a higher amount, I know that if I told the dealers, they'll just try and make the OTD price higher for the sake of it. I know what my down payment will be, and what the loan is for, so its up to the dealer to get their MSRP and all the tax, title, document stuff in line to match the out the door price.

This will be for the new mustang though. For the Lexus, they were selling it at $16,900 used. I said $13,500, so that ended up being the price. In retrospect, I should have done the out the door thing.

I dont think the gas mileage between your IS 350 and the GT is all that different to be honest. I average 24 a tank in the mustang GT with 87 in it. Maybe slightly better with 93.

I do think if your flexible to travel slightly you’ll find a used GT in your price range. Regardless I bet you’ll find a 2019 EB if your willing to travel a bit also.

All the normal places to look, craigslist, autotrader, FB marketplace, Carmax.....nice thing about carmax or echo is they will bring it to you local store and they dont sell crap cars. I would seriously consider carmax.
The gas mileage in the IS350 was ATROCIOUS, but remember that it was a 2006 model, and the engine was having issues. I'll be going for an Ecoboost, and apparently it can take both 87 or 91 - it adjusts for either. The IS350 could only take 87 in emergencies and would suffer knocking and the like otherwise.

Used Mustangs around me range from 21-25K on cars.com and autotrader, but the problems are the following:

1. They're usually almost always convertibles (I hate convertibles).
2. They're very high mileage (imagine a 2018 or 2019 used with 28-31K miles)
3. Many, but not all, were from rental companies. Oh HELL naw.
4. Crap colors, but more importantly, they lack the minimum features I want. If the Ecoboost doesn't have, at minimum, the 10A, 101A, and PP, I won't get it.

Unlike the nightmare/cost of the IS350, I plan to have this Mustang a while, and the amount of aftermarket and cheaper expense to maintain is just lovely to be honest.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
i mean, the supporting mods for 520 hp are basically a new engine :)
I would hope they wouldn't advertise the HP increase when the engine couldn't sustain it. But I am curious.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I would hope they wouldn't advertise the HP increase when the engine couldn't sustain it. But I am curious.
technically it can support it. the question is for how long before you blow a hole in the side of it. tuners won't put you past 400 whp on the factory block, with the precision turbonetics turbo plus all of the supporting mods (some sell a package that includes all of this for like 4 k)

OP
OP
dittydefinitive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Non
Vehicle(s)
i mean, the supporting mods for 520 hp are basically a new engine :)
technically it can support it. the question is for how long before you blow a hole in the side of it. tuners won't put you past 400 whp on the factory block, with the precision turbonetics turbo plus all of the supporting mods (some sell a package that includes all of this for like 4 k)
Get the Turbonetics/Engine swappy thing out of my thread- REEEEEEE!!!

Now is not the time for better turbos Dr. Pavel.... that comes later....

OP
OP
dittydefinitive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Non
Vehicle(s)
Why are you here?
Ah, Horsepower and Torque. Powerful agents to the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we Shane?

Baneposting aside, two things:

1. I live in California, so expect that I'll be limited by what sort of power things I can get away with. I DO plan on doing power stuff later down the line though.

2. My first goals for improvement will be suspension and handling. The type of driving I do and where I do it has me more focused on that, rather than raw HP/TQ - both of which are good I know.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, Horsepower and Torque. Powerful agents to the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we Shane?

Baneposting aside, two things:

1. I live in California, so expect that I'll be limited by what sort of power things I can get away with. I DO plan on doing power stuff later down the line though.

2. My first goals for improvement will be suspension and handling. The type of driving I do and where I do it has me more focused on that, rather than raw HP/TQ - both of which are good I know.
I think you should look into a gently used GT, plenty out there. I remember California Living, luckily I was Military and the laws did not affect me.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
- Performance Pack (must have)
But then,
I DO plan to add suspension modifications, better tires (Pilot Sport 4s or Super Sports if I can find them) and better brakes/power over time...
I'm confused. EBPP is brakes, suspension, bracing, tires (on wheels that weigh a ton), rear end, a couple gauges and a spoiler. Its a good deal if you arent goiing to mod the car but it's a waste of $ if you're just going to remove it. I ordered mine without PP since I knew I'd be modding well beyond what PP came with. Keep in mind that the base is still an LSD, just not the Torsen, and if you are concerned with fuel economy the 3.31 rear has a slight advantage over the 3.55. The PP is a $2500 option, check my Sig, I've added the PP brakes and have most of the suspension parts to go well beyond PP spec and I'm in for under $2k so far. I expect to hit $3k by the time I'm where I want to be but I didn't pay for the PP.

StevePogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible Premium Ecoboost
Given some unfortunate circumstances involving my previous car (Lexus IS350), I have to get a new car within the next two weeks. Affordability is limited, sadly, so we won't be discussing the GT unless someone knows how to get a good one under 30K in the California Bay Area.

Right now I'm pitching the following to dealers: 2019 Ecoboost Mustang with the following:
- Performance Pack (must have)
- 101A (I need comfy seats, since I'm big and tall, and the lumbar support would help). 201A (Premium) is okay as well, but unnecessary.
- Kona Blue (I'd settle with Velocity Blue, but prefer Kona)
- Magna-ride (NOBODY in the Bay Area seems to have an EB with Magnaride, for some reason).

Unless Ford Finance hits me with a damn good lease deal or 0% APR for 60 months, I plan to use a loan from credit unions. But... with all that said... would it even be worth it to try and get the 2019? I originally wanted to wait till fall to get the 2020 Ecoboost, but since circumstances don't permit, I have to settle.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off getting a used/CPO 2018, since some of them can be had for like 21K (I refuse to pay over 30K and already got an offer for the topic title'd one for 29K). I DO plan to add suspension modifications, better tires (Pilot Sport 4s or Super Sports if I can find them) and better brakes/power over time, but yeah (Lexus was hell to upgrade - an LSD costs 1500 bucks minus, nuts!)

If folks do recommend used, keep in mind that I can only have major work done at shops. Back problems prevent me from stooping and such longer than it takes to change air filters and the like (changing spark plugs had me doubled over in pain on the Lexus). As for driving? Well, no "plans" to track, but I do enjoy a spirited mountain drive every now and then. The IS350 was surprisingly good at it - kept up and outpaced various BRZ/FRSs, MR2s, etc.
I bought a 2018 CPO mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible for about $21k. Benefits were I bought for 1/2 price of new (same feature build would be $42k new), saves on the initial depreciation, and CPO gives you powertrain warranty to 100k. Had no problems and was able to as buy extended bumper to bumper to 100k and maintenance plan. I will most likely continue to buy used for these reasons above. Hope this helps.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I found my car for $35k Advertised - paid $39k OTD.. MSRP was $42k this was Brand new

Before that I was looking at leftover 2018 GTs for less than $30k.

Be patient and get what you need - for me it was: V8, 6Spd, PP1, Active Exhaust and when I found a great deal I pulled the trigger. There was months of searching for the right car. If you're patient you can get what you want. Buy some time (get a beater) until then.

I skipped leather & toggle switches which saved me $2,000 - I am glad I did. Me and my wife just rented a mustang convertible over the weekend and the seats will scorch your nutsack & the apple car play was glitchy.

OP
OP
dittydefinitive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Non
Vehicle(s)
I found my car for $35k Advertised - paid $39k OTD.. MSRP was $42k this was Brand new

Before that I was looking at leftover 2018 GTs for less than $30k.

Be patient and get what you need - for me it was: V8, 6Spd, PP1, Active Exhaust and when I found a great deal I pulled the trigger. There was months of searching for the right car. If you're patient you can get what you want. Buy some time (get a beater) until then.

I skipped leather & toggle switches which saved me $2,000 - I am glad I did. Me and my wife just rented a mustang convertible over the weekend and the seats will scorch your nutsack & the apple car play was glitchy.
That sounds Texas af.
Sponsored