obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey folks,
I came close to buying a 2022 Mach 1 today. I would be trading in my 2021 Camaro LT1, which is paid for. Do you think this is a good deal? Msrp is $61,520.

E2FC5B2B-F74A-4D07-818F-BE71F644A686.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I don’t know whether this is a great deal or not, but yes, you should definitely buy a Mach 1 if you can afford it.

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Thank you. I can afford it, just hate over paying for things. Plus, I am on the fence with the car. It’s nice, but didn’t blow my socks off. I’d love to have one, but only if I can get a decent deal. They have about $1700 worth of profit built in (dealer fee and protection package). That’s what I wanted them to take off and they wouldn’t.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you dissatisfied with the Camaro? If so, get the M1 if it checks all of your boxes and you don’t feel like you’d be settling. Please don’t let them rape you on the trade if you do it though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Are you dissatisfied with the Camaro? If so, get the M1 if it checks all of your boxes and you don’t feel like you’d be settling. Please don’t let them rape you on the trade if you do it though.
Nope, I love the Camaro. But I see the M1 as an upgrade for obvious reasons. The reason I am even looking is carvana/ KBB/ CarMax/ car gurus/ vroom will give me more for the Camaro then I paid for it new. And it’s a year old with 12,000 miles.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Coming from an LT1 I'd really examine your desire for the M1. LT1 is a fine car, and I see you have low miles on it. Why are you interested in changing? Some dislike for certain aspects of the Camaro? Giving us info on this will help us determine the if you are going to realize any "value" in the change over.

The Mustang is going to be a much more livable car day to day IMO, but if they are both just weekend toys that advantage is diminished. I have driven Camaro SS and all V8 versions of S550 Mustang.

Best prices we have ever seen is 2-3% under invoice. Search Granger Ford on here, and those prices are really about as low as possible. With patience and dealer vs dealer shopping I got ~2% under invoice in SoCal a market known for mark ups back in March 2021.

bloomerfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What is the protection pack? I don’t know if I would pay 995 for that. I would want more for the camaro…say 44 or 45! Have you checked carvana or vroom to buy your car? The wiggle room is how much they give you for your car

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thank you. I can afford it, just hate over paying for things. Plus, I am on the fence with the car. It’s nice, but didn’t blow my socks off. I’d love to have one, but only if I can get a decent deal. They have about $1700 worth of profit built in (dealer fee and protection package). That’s what I wanted them to take off and they wouldn’t.
They have A LOT more profit built in than 1700 lol. LOT more.

They have 1800 just in the fake "protection pack" and the "predelivery service charge".

Not to mention what the dealer paid for the car which is likely around $55k, maybe less.

I'd bet they are making close to $7k off you, if not more.

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Coming from an LT1 I'd really examine your desire for the M1. LT1 is a fine car, and I see you have low miles on it. Why are you interested in changing? Some dislike for certain aspects of the Camaro? Giving us info on this will help us determine the if you are going to realize any "value" in the change over.

The Mustang is going to be a much more livable car day to day IMO, but if they are both just weekend toys that advantage is diminished. I have driven Camaro SS and all V8 versions of S550 Mustang.

Best prices we have ever seen is 2-3% under invoice. Search Granger Ford on here, and those prices are really about as low as possible. With patience and dealer vs dealer shopping I got ~2% under invoice in SoCal a market known for mark ups back in March 2021.
Thank you. I’m having a hard time determining “ the invoice price” on the car. I love the Camaro, it’s a weekend car and doesn’t get driven much. But I feel the Mach 1 is more rare, looks better and certainly handles better and is just an all around upgrade.

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
They have A LOT more profit built in than 1700 lol. LOT more.

They have 1800 just in the fake "protection pack" and the "predelivery service charge".

Not to mention what the dealer paid for the car which is likely around $55k, maybe less.

I'd bet they are making close to $7k off you, if not more.
Wow, thank you. I’m trying to figure out how to demonstrate that to the dealer without just saying it. Is there a way to prove this?

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
What is the protection pack? I don’t know if I would pay 995 for that. I would want more for the camaro…say 44 or 45! Have you checked carvana or vroom to buy your car? The wiggle room is how much they give you for your car
Yes, all are around $39-$41. Sticker price on the Camaro was $40k.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would hit up Cargurus, open it to a nationwide search - search for the same Mach 1 and see if their deal is good or not.

Me personally, I would walk if they can't remove the $995 and $799 BS. What is a "pre delivery fee" of $799??? The MSRP already covers any destination/delivery fees... they're going to charge for a 2nd delivery fee? Are they delivering it to your home?

The $995? It's typical Dealer "add on" BS that you probably can't account for anything physical at all - except for the "edge guards". Even BS edge guards you can get on eBay, Amazon or local parts store for $10.00. Charging for locking lugs? Doesn't the M1 come with locking lugs standard with one of the option packages? Does it really have full aftermarket tinted windows??

AND - why are they charging you TAX 2x??? Tax on "fees" and tax on the vehicle?? That's some BS there.

Tell them you want to the full "relative allowance" on the left as your trade in - not just the $42k. After all, it's says right there if you were to sell your trade outright, you'd get $44k. LMAO.

Find a similar new M1 match on Cargurus - even if it's not local to you - print it, bring it to the Dealer. Tell them you'll walk and will buy the car in the Cargurus ad if they can't loose the $799 and $995 respectively, and adjust the "tax".
Sponsored

Last edited: