Sponsored

Should I buy a 2022 Mustang Convertible?

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
If it takes that long then he won’t be getting it, as they can’t register them after the 1st Jan 2023
I hope I get it... :)

Dealer sent me Ford sheet - Est delivery 10th Dec. But they need to get a move on
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Dealer sent me Ford sheet - Est delivery 10th Dec. But they need to get a move on
I would guess it’s at the docks, 2-3 weeks to book it and a couple to get over here, so sounds about right, I would of said mid December, the only good thing is it can be registered as soon as it’s in the UK 👍

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1

I have heard it from a few different sources
It's true, but their is a caveat to this, basically - Any mustangs that havent arrived in the country by Jan 23 will not be able to be registered with the DVLA. However, if the car has already arrived in the country by January but hasn't been registered it can still be sold, after this date.

Reason is and as already stated is due to emission changes

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had heard that some of it might also be related to UKCA (rather than CE) marking.

If that’s true, the goalposts have moved - the deadline has recently been pushed back by two years.

WD :like:

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Last week my dealer said the car was Compound Out status. With an ETA to dealer on 17th December.

Would be nice to have it on the drive for Xmas

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last week my dealer said the car was Compound Out status. With an ETA to dealer on 17th December.

Would be nice to have it on the drive for Xmas
Here you can use these to track the car - they just allow you to gather where it is in the process. Shipping line in ACL, so find the ACL ships that are arriving in Liverpool around now should be on it.

https://www.whereismymme.com/#
https://tracker.mach-e.blog/

I had heard that some of it might also be related to UKCA (rather than CE) marking.

If that’s true, the goalposts have moved - the deadline has recently been pushed back by two years.

that got pushed back months ago, that shouldn't of made any difference since we still recognize EU marks as we still have the EU law in use.

I wonder what will happen with the 2024 mustang, how these emission changes will affect that. I'm not sure what part of emission laws are changing next year. Then ford UK/Euro is planning on going all electric from 2025. So who knows if we actually ever get the next gen mustang.

Guess our mustangs are some of last, If not probably the last

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Here you can use these to track the car - they just allow you to gather where it is in the process. Shipping line in ACL, so find the ACL ships that are arriving in Liverpool around now should be on it.

that got pushed back months ago, that shouldn't of made any difference since we still recognize EU marks as we still have the EU law in use.

I wonder what will happen with the 2024 mustang, how these emission changes will affect that. I'm not sure what part of emission laws are changing next year. Then ford UK/Euro is planning on going all electric from 2025. So who knows if we actually ever get the next gen mustang.

Guess our mustangs are some of last, If not probably the last
Thanks for the info.

Where would I find the shipping info? Would be nice to be able to track it.

Thanks

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, the second pushback is very recent (November 14th).

First pushback was a year, the second recent pushback was for two.

Without the mark (on paperwork only at first, but you still need the tests / records / DOC’s / authorised representatives etc) you can’t place a newly imported (i.e. after the deadline) product on the U.K. market.

Before the latest pushback, paperwork deadline was end of this year and physical product marking was the end of next.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Saga so far...

Currently car is showing Compound Out since November 18th.

Asked dealer yesterday if the car will be here by Xmas. He sent me a sheet saying est delivery date to dealer 17th December and Target Date of 21st December.

Can this be right when it's still Compound Out and doesn't say Shipped?

He hopes to have news next week and I get the impression from him that the next update will go from Compound Out to arrived at Liverpool docks.

Any thoughts or experience on this?

Cheers,
Doylum

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saga so far...

Currently car is showing Compound Out since November 18th.

Asked dealer yesterday if the car will be here by Xmas. He sent me a sheet saying est delivery date to dealer 17th December and Target Date of 21st December.

Can this be right when it's still Compound Out and doesn't say Shipped?

He hopes to have news next week and I get the impression from him that the next update will go from Compound Out to arrived at Liverpool docks.

Any thoughts or experience on this?

Cheers,
Doylum
They should have an update - if it's going to arrive this week. - If not then I would doubt it. Ask them, they will be able to tell you - They will know on the system if it has actually been shipped, it physically tells them if it has shipped, when it arrives in the UK it is shown as LIVTOPS If it hasn't then it's not shipped.

It goes like this

Bulid processes --> Compound out -> shipped -> Compound in -> dealer delivery -> Sold

Compound Out = Is in newark N.J. waiting for customs, export papers, to be assigned a boat.
Shipped = on the boat (Fingers crossed it Stays away from U-boats & Godzilla)
Compound in = At liverpool
* In the meantime all the above systems are being updated to the dealer.

Good news is no more port strikes happing in the U.K. all got resolved - so should be a very fast process to dealer. My dealer told me the car is on the truck coming in on the day.

You Got a window of 18 days for that car to arrive in the country! If it hasn't shipped by now it's going to be very tight - Ask your dealer about this and let us know what they say.

Use these API trackers to give you an indication, these are somewhat reliable - only use them for a rough view in the entire process. Let us know what it says and we might be able to help give you a rough view on timelines based on the data.

Also if you download the ford pass app and enter your vin in, the app will prompt you to activate the car when it arrives in the uk

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Hey,

Thanks for the comprehensive info, much appreciated. 😊

The dealer got in touch yesterday. It arrived at Liverpool docks on Sunday 11th December.

He's hoping that I may be able to pick it up before Xmas. Do you think that's realistic?

Cheers,
Mark

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey,

The dealer got in touch yesterday. It arrived at Liverpool docks on Sunday 11th December.

He's hoping that I may be able to pick it up before Xmas. Do you think that's realistic?

Cheers,
Mark
It could be a few days to a few weeks sat at the dock, pending what loaders/transports & backlog they have but the dealer should be able to get it moved faster - so it's possible.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Hey,

Cheers,
Mark
It’s possible as I have seen dealers move them off the docks next day, depends how much clout your dealers has along with how far away they are
Sponsored