Sponsored

Shop Who Will Do T56 Swap on '19 GT (non-magneride) + Tuning

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Hello All,

I've spent months trying to get ahold of a shop who is willing and able to do a couple things with my TT GT, but unable to get any local shop to commit in the SW FL region (a matter of getting responses, not ability to execute the job, btw).

I'm looking to do the following:

1) Trans swap to the T56 w/ accessories (clutch, drivetrain, bearings, lines, harness, etc. Lethal makes a good kit they've updated)
NOTE: Yes, I know I have a dreaded 2019 with Sync, but this swap has been done successfully with modification to the bowler harness, so it's not an impossible swap.​
2) Boost leash with updated tune to replace my eboost2. Lund remote tuned my TT hellion kit via ngauge and I've tried to do my own adjustments with the eboost2, but no matter what, it is inconsistent, choppy, and randomly breaks up in higher rpms.

Does anyone know of a reputable shop ANYWHERE in FL or the rest of the Southeast(I'll ship my car, I don't care about shipping cost/time at this point) that would be worth a shot who you would trust with a swap and tune?

Thanks for any recommendations you're able to give!
Sponsored

PiggySmallz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
My car had a bunch of mods done at FiveBar in North Ft Myers. They're going to be pulling my 10r80 and installing upgraded clutch packs for me. Nothing but good experiences with them. There were a bunch of Coyotes in there when I dropped my car off, as well as a Calvo Motorsports Viper ACR, and their shop S197 Godzilla swap running 8s.

I spoke with Mason last Friday, they're pretty responsive. Late Model Domestic Performance - Five Bar Motorsports

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Friday Evening update - reached out to Five Bar a couple days ago, haven't heard back.

Anyone have any other shops in any part of FL or the Southeast who are willing to take on the T-56 swap and do tuning/install with Boost Leash?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Check with Lamotta Performance in Lakeville. Although after 12 years with one or another Terminator, I'm not a big fan of the T56.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Check with Lamotta Performance in Lakeville. Although after 12 years with one or another Terminator, I'm not a big fan of the T56.
Thanks, never heard back after a couple of attempts to get a response from FiveBar, so I'll give them a shot.

Just curious - what would you recommend instead of the T56 swap since you're not a big fan?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Tremec TR-3160 that Ford put in the GT 350 would be a good place to start. I'd suggest the TKO 500 or 600, but I dont know if there's a version that will fit in a Coyote car.

You can beef up a T56 with a 26 spline input shaft, which I did to mine. Not sure what you can do about the output shaft, which is another known weak point. They're hard to shift, and sometimes downshifting 4 to 3 or 3 to 2 is a butt kick.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
j
Friday Evening update - reached out to Five Bar a couple days ago, haven't heard back.

Anyone have any other shops in any part of FL or the Southeast who are willing to take on the T-56 swap and do tuning/install with Boost Leash?
I would have to lean on our installation dept. - give Rodney a call & see if this is a project our Pompano Team would consider taking on.

1800 950 0774.

TJ
Sponsored