Sponsored

...Shooting for 8's, 2020 Gt head hunting in youtube land.

Will I Make 1,000 WHP with a Whipple and get into the 8's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gasd550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 s550
So I have had a number of chevy's. These cars have ranged from a 2011 ss Camaro, then off to a 2013 zl1. From there I got myself a c7 corvette and threw some boost at it with a D-1 Procharger some meth headers and boy it Kook'd ( ha cracked myself up with that one). Needless to say I was going to get a C8 and got hit with delays so now I picked up a 2020 Gt Magnetic grey to make some power with. I was torn between Whipple and hellion. I went with Whipple...well.... because I am a impatient person and hellion was 3-4 weeks out and I was able to buy a Whipple in 24 hours from a forum member with very low miles. So now the game begins. Im going to run E85, Texas speed headers, a Return style fuel system, 1050 injectors and the infamous oil pump gears. For suspension the usual suspects... lock out kit, shocks, etc, etc. Drive line specs I will be going with carbon or aluminum drive shaft along with some high hp half shafts to keep it all together. It will be quick enough to beat some but also not such a crazy car I can only race 5 people with. If needed I will throw some pistons and rods into the mix to keep this slick B!t(h together. I am throwing some poor stars on the back as weld is so backed up we may see the world end before they make me a set but they are in the works. I have upgraded the stock wheels for now to a set of downforces with r888 on the back and t1's on the front. The car Will get a "Smack ya momma in the face" tune by the slow folks at Lund Racing and see if they can out perform the competition. If this $h!t box doesn't stay together then it'll be off to a full race engine with some of the best parts for $12k and we will try again and possibly go tt at that time. Lots of humor in here, I hope someone else enjoys the kooks joke as much as I did. Not many photos as when its stock you can drive down the road and see 100,000 of them.
61169687507__93E0F07B-2891-4C51-BF0D-D24D431BB00E.JPG
IMG_3362.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
Sponsored

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just follow Lethal Performance's build and you will end up with an 8 second ET.

I really think you should sell me your Whipple and go with the Hellion TT.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Awesome, when you start making videos post them up. Never get tired of watching Mustangs dominate the streets. :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sounds like a fun build. Set a little money a side for some clutches for the transmission. Maybe replace the intermediate shaft. Those are suspect parts. That magnetic gray is a great looking color on these cars.

OP
OP
Gasd550

Gasd550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 s550
Thanks for all the responses. I will for sure take some photos and post a video or two. looking at rear seat delete kits now to shave some extra weight. Any recommendations?

Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I dont, but I will say weight savings goes a long way on these cars and often overlooked due to the cost vs performance gain. I'd say a combo of both would be awesome.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
"...because I am a impatient person..."

I thought this build would be done by now. Let's go!

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Wrapped up by now, right?

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Hot dog! There's progress. Don't make me wait so long next time, sir.
Sponsored