Shock tower brace on convertibles...

flarecz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Flare
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible GT
Probably, we still can order it as an option from the catalogue. I am not planning any racing, but considering to add the shock tower brace.

Can you see any difference or is it just a better subjective feeling? 😇
Sponsored

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
in 2016 it was standard on GT Convertibles, but not V6 or Ecoboost. My GT has it.

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
i had an 08 'vert 6 cyl auto...didn't have the brace when i got it but sure felt better installed as an aftermarket buy... definitely recommend...

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hello

I read what flarecz said about no shock tower brace on his Euro GT vert.

It is possible that, due to Euro pedestrian crumple zone safety, they removed it so that the hood would absorb more of the impact of those pesky pedestrians.

I may be a heartless SOB, but I would bolt on a brace ASAP and add a second horn...blow it so they get out of the !$%@#^#$^ way!!

In Love,

CVCashmere

flarecz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Flare
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible GT
Hehe, can be true ... can be true. The horn is ok, but the body flex might be reduced by the shock tower brace (hearing squeaks sometimes while cornering at a slope edge)

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
My 2020 GT PP1 has the shock tower brace the K brace in front and another brace under the ISR (Independent Rear Suspension). Some bracing is likely for the extra weight of the vert and bracing for lack of solid roof.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
My UK 2018 GT Shadow convertible didn't come with the strut tower brace.

I had the Steeda stop the hop kit installed which included the strut tower, G trac k brace, IRS alignment bushes and ultralite jacking rails.

Interestingly i still get a bit of wheel hop (standard suspension and wheels), what else do i need to do to dial out wheel hop even more?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My UK 2018 GT Shadow convertible didn't come with the strut tower brace.
I don't think any UK S550 variant comes with a tower brace :frown: If you want one, you need to go aftermarket or purchase one of the Ford options which they offer as an accessory :like:

I had the Steeda stop the hop kit installed which included the strut tower, G trac k brace, IRS alignment bushes and ultralite jacking rails.

Interestingly I still get a bit of wheel hop (standard suspension and wheels), what else do i need to do to dial out wheel hop even more?
Did you get anything else other than what you have specifically listed ? (there is nothing on your list that contributes to stopping the hop) :like:

WD :like:

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
I don't think any UK S550 variant comes with a tower brace :frown: If you want one, you need to go aftermarket or purchase one of the Ford options which they offer as an accessory :like:

Did you get anything else other than what you have specifically listed ? (there is nothing on your list that contributes to stopping the hop) :like:

No just the Steeda kit listed! :blush: Are you saying their stop the hop kit... doesnt? :facepalm: It definitely reduced it for me but appreciate it doesn't completely!
What else is recommended to reduce wheel hop? I'd like to keep the suspension and ride height OEM for the time being. :)

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
We might be getting wires crossed, I assumed you had associated the stop the hop kit to the components you listed i.e. :

"I had the Steeda stop the hop kit installed which included the strut tower, G trac k brace, IRS alignment bushes and ultralite jacking rails"

Which is why I asked if you had anything else other than what you had specifically listed.

None of the components you have listed (strut tower, G trac k brace, IRS alignment bushes and ultralite jacking rails) will do anything to help with hop.

The basic stop the hop kits include the subframe support bushes and IRS braces, then they add vertical links, toe links, camber arms, diff bushes, bearings etc as you go up the range and spend more money :like:

I believe the subframe support bushes and IRS braces do the most / are the biggest steps in stopping the hop :like:

Deleted member 69033

My 16 doesn't have one. How much real world difference in handling would I notice if I installed one? I honestly don't put it through handling paces very often. Would I even notice?