Sponsored

Shipping Track and Trace & Vin number

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Way back in 2015 after I ordered mine once I got a Vin I never had to ask the dealer again for information because we could track everything, infact I often told them where it was at. It sounds like the whole tracking thing has changed. I was even able to watch the ship (parsifal) go through the canal via the cameras set up there and a web link.....ah memories
Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Any idea how long after you order and pay a deposit should it take to receive your VIN?

I received an email from Ford Aus saying your Mach 1 is in production that was 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Any idea how long after you order and pay a deposit should it take to receive your VIN?

I received an email from Ford Aus saying your Mach 1 is in production that was 6 weeks ago.
VIN isn't issued by Ford until plant schedules car for production, VIN usually issued about a month from production. Dealer will be the only source of this info, it is in their VISTA system so ring your salesman and hassle him.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
VIN isn't issued by Ford until plant schedules car for production, VIN usually issued about a month from production. Dealer will be the only source of this info, it is in their VISTA system so ring your salesman and hassle him.

Thanks Paul, yes been trying dealer advises no VIN available yet.
Not sure if the the dealer has any say in how fast a VIN becomes available.
After 6 weeks, it just feels like my order is not progressing with no communication ex dealer.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
After 6 weeks, it just feels like my order is not progressing with no communication ex dealer.
From memory the VIN number data is done weekly, strange that you got the spam email from Ford and no VIN in VISTA, so something is going on, a case of "hurry up and wait..." (whilst getting frustrated). Since almost all the tracking and info sites now do not work best to ignore it all and wait a while...

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Funny how 6 weeks is now considered a long time, I know this is going to sound like an old man "in my day" comment but way back (2015) it took 10 days short of a year from ordering my car to getting it. So given that old set up, 6 weeks is nothing. Remember good things come to those who wait :thumbsup::party:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Funny how 6 weeks is now considered a long time, I know this is going to sound like an old man "in my day" comment but way back (2015) it took 10 days short of a year from ordering my car to getting it. So given that old set up, 6 weeks is nothing. Remember good things come to those who wait :thumbsup::party:
Yes, my 18 was 17 months from time of ordering and 4 months from build date to delivery.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I get the wait, I'm OK with that, within reason, its just the lack of communication that's frustrating. Just wanted to check and see if this is just the way it is, sounds like it is.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
The Vin is allocated to a car a couple of weeks BEFORE Production begins.

I understand that only the Car Controller can access the full Status Update, and Sales Reps only have limited access, so they have probably "winged" an answer, without actually asking the Car Controller.

Try asking the Dealer Rep to email you a Screen Shot of the Status Update which should contain the Vin..

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

That just means it is registered in the Production System, awaiting a scheduled build date, and not actually physically being built.
If you want the scheduled Build Date, you will need to keep onto your dealer for status updates (ideally Screen Shots)

Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The Vin is allocated to a car over a couple of weeks BEFORE Production begins.

I understand that only the Car Controller can access the full Status Update, and Sales Reps only have limited access, so they have probably "winged" an answer, without actually asking the Car Controller.

Try asking the Dealer Rep to email you a Screen Shot of the Status Update which should contain the Vin..
Thanks, I received an email on Friday, cc'd in from the Stock Controller, had a heap of detail in the screen shot, but still no VIN. The screen shot, states cars expected ETA is end of July but I'm not sure how realistic that date is.

Based on what I've read on this forum, I'm working on a 90 day estimated arrival from the VIN allocation date to the car arriving at the dealer.

Frustrating process, when you spend near enough to 100k and cant get a clear fix on where your order is at.
Funny enough, if I buy a $15 pizza, I can track the whole process, from ordering to build to transporting to my house. Go figure!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I received an email on Friday, cc'd in from the Stock Controller, had a heap of detail in the screen shot, but still no VIN. The screen shot, states cars expected ETA is end of July but I'm not sure how realistic that date is.

Based on what I've read on this forum, I'm working on a 90 day estimated arrival from the VIN allocation date to the car arriving at the dealer.

Frustrating process, when you spend near enough to 100k and cant get a clear fix on where your order is at.
Funny enough, if I buy a $15 pizza, I can track the whole process, from ordering to build to transporting to my house. Go figure!
LOL you are right about the Pizza Delivery comparison transparency! Anyway to give you a timeline reference, I received my "In Production" email on 09/12/20, it was built on 12/02/21, received "Build Complete" email 24/02/21, Delivered to Pt Baltimore 21/02/21, Loaded onto Ship/ sailed from Pt Baltimore 12/03/21 - 35 Day Voyage to Pt Kembla NSW.

Last edited:

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
LOL you are right about the Pizza Delivery comparison transparency! Anyway to give you a timeline reference, I received my "In Production" email on 09/12/20, it was built on 12/02/21, received "Build Complete" email 24/02/21, Delivered to Pt Baltimore 21/02/21, Loaded onto Ship/ sailed from Pt Baltimore 12/03/21 - 35 Day Voyage to Pt Kembla NSW.
Thanks for that info Steve, ill just chill a little, I'm sure it will all work out.
Your car is close now, look forward to seeing some pics when you get it.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Just got my VIN
Dealer says it’s in Baltimore arriving Brisbane June 21
how do I check boat status etc?
Sponsored

Last edited: