Shipping a car during the Pandemic....

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Hello Everyone,

Question for the community......

Has anyone had to ship a car or get a car shipped during this Covid period and if so has there been any kind of issues with doing so? A lot of things have obviously slowed down and don't know if this has affected the shipping industry as far as transporting specialty vehicles.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
I've got one on the way now. It's been more of a hassle than it should be to get it set up, but honestly I blame the dealer on the other end for that more so than the plague. Pricing seems a little high but not insane.

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
I used Reliable Carriers and they picked mine up on a Friday afternoon 1200 miles away and delivered it Monday morning. Delivery driver had a mask on but otherwise you'd have never known we were in the middle of a "pandemic".

Sponsored

HEP#15

Hello Everyone,

Question for the community......

Has anyone had to ship a car or get a car shipped during this Covid period and if so has there been any kind of issues with doing so? A lot of things have obviously slowed down and don't know if this has affected the shipping industry as far as transporting specialty vehicles.

Thanks!!
I bought my 2020 HE late April from a dealer 550 miles away and had no issues with the shipping. It was picked up Saturday morning and delivered Sunday evening. With that said, I highly recommend you use enclosed shipping and you ask the dealership to do a detailed inspection of the car before it leaves the lot. Do the same on your end and report any issues - including manufacturing quality issues - to the dealership immediately. For example I had a small dent on the roof and A pillar, a small dent / scratch on the passenger's dash and a few paint issues (most likely all Ford QC issues). I got the dealership to pay for the PDR on the roof and A pillar and will be able to address the other issues with a local dealership as I documented them up front and got the dealership to sign off that they were there when I took delivery.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Shipped an old Porsche to France. It took over a month to go across the country on a train to the shipping port. Does that count? :)

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Shipping mine through Reliable next week. So far they seem top notch but they aren't the cheapest either.

Frenkboard4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frenk
Vehicle(s)
Car and bike
Hey i also ship my car during this pandemic. In starting i find difficult to find any transporter for my mustang(some are demanding high charges). But i luckily find Citizenshipper to ship my car to my desired place and charges are not much differ than pre-pandemic. It was very convenient using their shipping service. My runner was really good which was reflecting from its behavior.
I don't need to do much changes than usual. I just follow protocols and sanitize my car properly before and after shipping.
You can also follow these simple tips (you might know them earlier ):-
Lock the car
Properly check your tire pressure
Remove most of your custom accessories

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I had a car shipped a few weeks ago after being bought new from a dealer. Arrived the next day just fine.

Can't imagine car shipping industry to be affected that much. A single driver driving alone in a truck is not really a risky business. And all of the travel restrictions I've seen in nearby states offer exceptions for delivery drivers that are in the state only temporarily.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Shipped my car via Safe Auto Transport from KS to CA. Received the car on time.
Sponsored