Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Agreed thats unacceptable.. Worse you're out the labor cost. Sucks man
Yep. I bought a mantic cerametallic twin disk clutch which the shoppe will install tomorrow. I like the fact that the mantic is sprung hub in design which will absorb much of the shock from the engine torque rather than pass it on to the drivetrain. The MT-82 is a relatively delicate transmission, especially when you're running a whipple blower. The re-built RXT clutch on my way back to me from McLeod will be kept as a spare just in case I have to remove the Mantic. The RXT unit currently in my car will be returned to McLeod for a full refund courtesy of McLeod.
Sponsored

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Yep. I bought a mantic cerametallic twin disk clutch which the shoppe will install tomorrow. I like the fact that the mantic is sprung hub in design which will absorb much of the shock from the engine torque rather than pass it on to the drivetrain. The MT-82 is a relatively delicate transmission, especially when you're running a whipple blower. The re-built RXT clutch on my way back to me from McLeod will be kept as a spare just in case I have to remove the Mantic. The RXT unit currently in my car will be returned to McLeod for a full refund courtesy of McLeod.

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Just to follow up. I followed the instructions in the video from Mantic on how to measure the finger height and seems the fingers are out of spec and not allowing enough travel for disengagement. Sending it back to Mantic a d they are taking car of it for me!

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Just to follow up. I followed the instructions in the video from Mantic on how to measure the finger height and seems the fingers are out of spec and not allowing enough travel for disengagement. Sending it back to Mantic a d they are taking car of it for me!
I'm sorry to here this. I hope Mantic resolves the issue. What I don't understand is that why isn't there a quality control system in place to test these units before they are shipped to customers? These clutches are very expensive and folks expect, which they have a right to, that these units to work upon installation and that the manufacturer has already tested them. Ridiculous!

The shoppe installed the mantic cerametallic clutch in my machine over the weekend. The shifts are like cutting through melted butter. I'm sending back to McLeod for a full refund the RXT unit pulled from my car over the weekend. Now I have to get through the break in period with the Mantic. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
As a follow up regarding my mantic clutch, I'm now experiencing the same issues as I did with the McLeod RXT. I just don't understand why we are having so many problems with these so called high performance aftermarket clutches? It should be a straightforward process of installing these units and breaking them in when you drive. And these clutches and the labour cost to install them are not cheap. I reached out to Mantic via email about the situation and was told that the majority of time this issue with the shifter being stuck in gear is caused by air still in the hydraulic line. They advised me to vacuum bleed the line overnight and then jack up the rear of the car, put the car in 4th gear and spin the rear tyres. If the driveshaft spins then that will confirm that the clutch is operating correctly. So, now I'm waiting for a mityvac clutch bleeding kit to be delivered tomorrow to follow Mantic's directive. Smdh! If this doesnt work out then I'll be forced to return to the shoppe for them to drop the transmission and pull the clutch to send back to Mantic. The shoppe is going to charge me. Unbelievable! Don't these clutch manufacturers test these units before letting them go to market? Smdh!

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
You're putting that mechanic's kids through college at this rate. I am not willing to drop my transmission to troubleshoot my issues because it seems likely that the problem will be made worse.

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
You're putting that mechanic's kids through college at this rate. I am not willing to drop my transmission to troubleshoot my issues because it seems likely that the problem will be made worse.
It's a damn shame. You're going to ride it out until...?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I'll live with it until something breaks and I get to do the "oh, that's what the problem was" routine. I am not a huge fan of the RST anyway; it is noisy.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I feel your pain, I almost sold my car because on ongoing clutch problems. I ended up going with an Excedy clutch. Never had anymore issues after 2 full hard days on the road course.

Good luck, hope it works out.

Sponsored

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Hey Platinum 5.0: did Mantic resolve the issue for you?

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
It's c
Hey Platinum 5.0: did Mantic resolve the issue for you?
It's currently being shipped to Geoff as we speak. Should be there next Monday.

Nutones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
c.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Update on the situation with the mantic unit: I took my car to a Ford dealership last Tuesday to have them diagnose what could be causing the shifter to be stuck in gear (clutch not to disengage). They contacted me this morning and said that the tech drained the transmission fluid and found pieces of metal in it which indicates that the transmission is internally damaged. Rather than attempt to repair it, they are proposing to replace the transmission but because I have an aftermarket clutch, QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, blowfish bracket and Ford racing short throw shifter, the transmission will not be covered under warranty. $3800 for the new transmission plus $1300 in labour plus tax. I told them that I will have to think about it and get back to them. I think I should have the car towed back to the shoppe that has worked on/built my car from day one and hear what they propose. I think my options would be to buy a new transmission from Ford and let the shoppe install it for less or go with a Ben Calimer stage 2 build. The car is pushing 720 at the rear wheels (whipple stage 2 Gen 3). Any recommendations, suggestions, confirmations or affirmations would be appreciated.

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
Update on the situation with the mantic unit: I took my car to a Ford dealership last Tuesday to have them diagnose what could be causing the shifter to be stuck in gear (clutch not to disengage). They contacted me this morning and said that the tech drained the transmission fluid and found pieces of metal in it which indicates that the transmission is internally damaged. Rather than attempt to repair it, they are proposing to replace the transmission but because I have an aftermarket clutch, QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, blowfish bracket and Ford racing short throw shifter, the transmission will not be covered under warranty. $3800 for the new transmission plus $1300 in labour plus tax. I told them that I will have to think about it and get back to them. I think I should have the car towed back to the shoppe that has worked on/built my car from day one and hear what they propose. I think my options would be to buy a new transmission from Ford and let the shoppe install it for less or go with a Ben Calimer stage 2 build. The car is pushing 720 at the rear wheels (whipple stage 2 Gen 3). Any recommendations, suggestions, confirmations or affirmations would be appreciated.
Go with a Ben Calimer. You need a built transmission at this point and you most likely can use your core to help the prices.
Sponsored