Sponsored

Shifter rattle even with MGW?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well that makes the second person to mention that bracket as a point of concern. I’ll pull the boot off and see which side my shifter is closer to (I do remember it being very close to one side as well) and try to position the bracket further the other direction.
Following up on my earlier post, on mine, the crossmember was marked and returned to the same position it was when I lowered the transmission, but the front left corner of the MGW shifter body ended up too close to the edge of the hole in the tunnel allowing it to touch when the engine was under load, producing a buzzing sound. Loosening the cross-member bolts and moving it over a smidge was all it took to make it quiet again. That was 20,000 miles ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
Following up on my earlier post, on mine, the crossmember was marked and returned to the same position it was when I lowered the transmission, but the front left corner of the MGW shifter body ended up too close to the edge of the hole in the tunnel allowing it to touch when the engine was under load, producing a buzzing sound. Loosening the cross-member bolts and moving it over a smidge was all it took to make it quiet again. That was 20,000 miles ago.
That makes sense, because I made sure to mark it and install it in the exact original position, but the shifter assembly isn’t centered in the tunnel hole. It sits just a hair away from the edge of the opening closest to the driver. So I’ll definitely try adjusting the brace to move the assembly away from the edge.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I’ve got a rattling/buzzing coming from the shifter assembly that is similar to what I’ve seen posted here numerous times. My issue is that the fix I keep seeing is to get an MGW shifter, but I already have one installed. I notice it only when I’m on the throttle at higher loads. Anyone else still experiencing a rattling/buzzing even after installing an MGW?
go back to stock. You arent built for the trans mount life my dude

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
This past weekend I got under the car and shifted the crossmember over a hair as well as added Dynamat to the Transmission-engine plate. Rattle is now 90% gone, only a very faint trace of it on hard acceleration.

Planning on pulling the center console and adding Dynamat to the shifter itself this weekend.

Thank you all for the replies!

Sponsored

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
This past weekend I got under the car and shifted the crossmember over a hair as well as added Dynamat to the Transmission-engine plate. Rattle is now 90% gone, only a very faint trace of it on hard acceleration.

Planning on pulling the center console and adding Dynamat to the shifter itself this weekend.

Thank you all for the replies!
This drive train has a lot of vibration. Don't go chasing waterfalls.

raab02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP2
Bumping an old thread just to ask some clarifying questions... mainly just to make sure I understand - the crossmember has wiggle room in how it can bolt up to the car?

I just assumed it only bolted up in one position.

I'm chasing what seems like excessive NVH in a Ford Performance shifter I just installed and am wondering if this is part of my problem... maybe either the crossmember or Blowfish Racing bracket has the shifter out of center in the cutout and it's fouling on the tunnel under load?

Either way this thread has given me another thing to check into so thanks!

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
... the crossmember has wiggle room in how it can bolt up to the car?

I just assumed it only bolted up in one position.
It has a few millimeters of play left/right and front/back. With the bolts loosened and the transmission supported, it's easy to see how much it can move around.
Sponsored