Sponsored

She's mine! Grabber Blue GT

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
It's been a long wait but today finally I collected the car. The dealer still hasn't seen another GB car so i'm standing by it maybe the first UK registered Grabber Blue!

The car was as expected, no front plate and typical dealer condition. Zero protection on the paint, few hand prints, marks here and there, nothing a proper clean won't fix. I did notice the bonnet sits proud on both edges but having adjusted down the rubber stops it seems better. Delivery mileage was 16.4 .

Having covered 150 miles today I have found a few niggles, but well talk about them in a minute, here's some pics!

First port of call was for some 97 RON.

Once filled I headed to my brothers to show him the new steed, he was, as expected very jealous.

We drove around his local village (Hook) and I had my first proper reaction from a stranger. A young lad almost shit himself when he saw the GT approaching, I heard him before I saw him so clutch in and lots of revs were given, the poor chap nearly died. I couldn't stop smiling!

I managed a respectable 33.2 mpg on the drive up the M3, sat at 70 all the way. Not bad. Once I have proven to people it does do 30+ mpg it was time to claw back my road tax so I started to enjoy the car more.

At my parents I had half the neighbours out looking and talking about it, one was surprised when I explained it had a 5 litre engine, usual comments about mpg etc, this time I could prove it does more than 10!

Final stop was to a mates where we fitted the front plate and I swapped the interior LEDs for the DD set I had, what a difference they make. Well I say that but having never seen the interior lights in the dark i'm sure the LEDs are better!!!

Love the new plate.

I passed two police cars with no plate, one was traffic, no problems at all. Sadly my work has ANPR and without a front plate they won't let me in so I had to fit it!!!

I'm very happy with the exhaust note. It's louder than I remember and I said this is a daily drive with 6am starts so for now I'm sticking with stock.

So after 150 miles she is showing 22 mpg and half a tank left, I'm smitten and can't wait for work tomorrow!

Niggles:

As I said the paint protection or lack of it is shocking. Every panel is baron of any kind of polish or wax, it feels like sandpaper and is in need of a full polish, wax and seal. I will do that next week when I'm off work.

I can't fold the drivers seat forward, pulling the leaver won't free it, think it just needs adjustment.

Mark on rear seat, oily should lift off with some leather feed.

My drivers seat already has a mark on the bolster, didn't notice it on collection, will try to remove.

Rear window looks like its been cleaned with WD40, it goes alone with the general state of the car. I'd rather it had been left dirty as there's more work for me now.

I'm sure there's others but to be fair nothing that can't be fixed.
This is the 1st Grabber I have seen on the road. They haven't hit the roads here in Australia yet (I don't think). Nice and enjoy your ride.:clap2:
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Now that is a True Mustang colour
brings the car to life
lovely

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy!

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Congrats on a stunning GT! As mentioned before if I re-order it will be GB for sure with lots and lots of black bits. I remember the feeling picking mine up in June. Get used to the attention as it doesn't stop!
Rob's right, it never stops.

Quality response the other day: popped into local garage to organise my MF Comp AB exhaust to be fitted & big, bruiser of a mechanic stomped over to me. I gets out & he shouts "now, THAT!......... is WAY too pretty to be a car! Gorgeous!" Made me chuckle :)

Must admit that GB is tempting for the next one. Enjoy mate & congrats

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Thanks everyone, not replies as I've been out sticking the miles on it! 200 down in 24 hours!

I'm afraid I won't be at the Steeda event as I'm working. I will be at the south coast muzzers meet on Sunday morning. I've post in the meet section if any fancies a look.

So far love the car, it is addictive listening to that v8 sing!

It's booked in on Tuesday for a full vehicle prep and protection along with ceramic coating once it's mopped. Not sure about spending ÂŁ500 on a car wash but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

The attention is truely humbling, young and old seem to stand by and admire it. Best thing I've noticed so far is I no longer wait at junctions! People stop to let me out!!

More pics to follow once it's truely clean.

Dslr (Nikon) captures the colour best.

MikeyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT, Ingot Silver on order (May 2017)
That is a very nice ride you have there!

I'm starting to think I need to change my colour choice!

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Thanks everyone, not replies as I've been out sticking the miles on it! 200 down in 24 hours!

I'm afraid I won't be at the Steeda event as I'm working. I will be at the south coast muzzers meet on Sunday morning. I've post in the meet section if any fancies a look.

So far love the car, it is addictive listening to that v8 sing!

It's booked in on Tuesday for a full vehicle prep and protection along with ceramic coating once it's mopped. Not sure about spending ÂŁ500 on a car wash but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

The attention is truely humbling, young and old seem to stand by and admire it. Best thing I've noticed so far is I no longer wait at junctions! People stop to let me out!!

More pics to follow once it's truely clean.

Dslr (Nikon) captures the colour best.
Looking great, mate. Making me all the more anxious to get my Grabber Blue GT. Only another 7 or so months to wait :frosty:

It is after all your fault I am going for GB after seeing yours and Hendy.

Jason

OP
OP

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Looking great, mate. Making me all the more anxious to get my Grabber Blue GT. Only another 7 or so months to wait :frosty:

It is after all your fault I am going for GB after seeing yours and Hendy.

Jason
If it helps I was once in your shoes but I'd never seen one!

For me the 7 months went pretty fast and the wait just makes it all the more sweeter when she arrives.

Once the vins released there begins a great chase as you track it through the system.

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Cool will be great to see it in the flesh looks amazing

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Nice pics Ben. Any Jaguar comments? ;)
Thanks, I'll put some more on the thread for the meet.

No Jaguar comments; although Jaguar guy did look at the front of [MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] 's car and say "so you don't need a front number plate these days then?" :)

I wanted the guy with the air ride Mustang to turn up - although there might have been some heart attacks if he had.
Sponsored