Sponsored

Shelby wreck in my town

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
The days of claiming you swerved to avoid a squirrel in the road are rapidly fading :)

Sad to see that happen to such a capable car.

Deleted member 69033

So I watched it a couple of times now and I can't figure out what happened other than he panicked and lost control.
Yeah, wtf? He was going straight and then....

That's why I'm comfortable in my car. Plenty to get myself in trouble. If I had anything more powerful than this, I'd probably last a week....

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
You can clearly hear some tire squealing well before the vehicle comes into view.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
It might be some parking lot jockey that moves cars around and washes them...never actually drove a truly fast car before. Got the !$%!$# scared out of him!!

Someone may be out a brand new GT 500 delivery. Sad....:crying::crying:

CVCashmere

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new ? It’s a live axle car :like:

WD :like:

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
So I watched it a couple of times now and I can't figure out what happened other than he panicked and lost control.
I just watched it a few more time. It looks like ahead of him there are two car transport trucks, one on each side of the road. It also looks like someone may be walking next to the truck parked on his side of the road. As he approached and saw the narrow gap between those two trucks he slammed on the brakes which sent the rear end around.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Update
A close friend is a shop foreman at a dealership right down the street. Driver is an employee at his dealership in another department and his brother was the passenger.
There‘s more stupid to this story besides the driving.

Sponsored

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
It sounds to me (in the video) like a 6-speed transmission with the traction control turned off.
If you are not familiar with the characteristics of the car then that is a prescription for disaster...

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Update
A close friend is a shop foreman at a dealership right down the street. Driver is an employee at his dealership in another department and his brother was the passenger.
There‘s more stupid to this story besides the driving.

Aah the classic moron dealer technician/lot porter taking out a car that's well beyond their experience level.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It sounds to me (in the video) like a 6-speed transmission with the traction control turned off.
If you are not familiar with the characteristics of the car then that is a prescription for disaster...

I blame it on a generation of people raised on the "start the car and turn off the traction control" mentality.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Aah the classic moron dealer technician/lot porter taking out a car that's well beyond their experience level.
It was his own car and he is not a tech.