Sponsored

Shelby GT500 GAPS 911 GT3RS at willow springs...

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Everything is about practice. I haven't been on a road course since 2010. So anyone that goes 4 times a year can probably outrun me. On a drag strip. Im going to get em. Apparently this kid is loaded. So wearing out a set of brakes and tires don't mean shit to him. Thats the main reason more people don't road course more. It's a 1000 dollar day out.
Yeah thats what stops me...

Been talking to the wife about buying a cheap 350z or ae86 and gutting it just to use as a track machine.

I'm thinking an ae86 with a stock 2.3l ecoboost motor would be amazing on track and be reliable. Plus cheap 16in tires is alot of tire in a 2000lb car
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10

Been talking to the wife about buying a cheap 350z or ae86 and gutting it just to use as a track machine.

I'm thinking an ae86 with a stock 2.3l ecoboost motor would be amazing on track and be reliable. Plus cheap 16in tires is alot of tire in a 2000lb car
I do the $50 autocross thing when budget is low. Gets you a little fix.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Yeah thats exactly what happened to me!

I was gapping fools and running with a Camaro as all day. And bullying a corvette zr1.

Then the instructor came on track with his miata with intake and a catback,and embarrassed the hell out of me haha.

He stayed on my tail for 2 laps, I waved him by he didnt take it. Id put semi lengths on him down the straight then hed catch me at turn 1 lol

By turn 3 when he finally got bored I didn't see his tail lights lol
Awesome

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Stops you from what? You were cross shopping a $73k+ car vs sub 10k shit boxes? LOL

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
What's the harm in that? Nothing wrong with young kids having something to hope for or look up to man. In many ways id love for my kids to watch sp and plan on buying themselves a gt500...

They'll discover the reality soon enough but having ambition and hope isn't a bad quality for young people to have.

I think us older folks get to nialistic and pessimistic as we get older and it limits us.

Kids doing his thing having fun and being a positive role model can't knock him for any of that
So a positive role model makes fake videos about being assaulted by a security guard and lying about his income? Keep in mind, his video about being assaulted only had "Parody" in the title after he got serious backlash. He makes 60k at most on his channel and is out buying a McLaren? That's a role model for either being a liar or horrible financial decision maker.

I don't think this is an age thing as you mentioned either. I'm just being realistic. I'm sure we can find some common ground on this.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The kid's parents have money and while he's always hungry for new subs and views (like nearly every other regular-posting YooToober,) he still seems like nothing worse than a moderately spoiled kid that's really into Shelbys.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I sense we are going down the same path everytime a YTer is mentioned.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Z would probably be better and easier to get parts. I think performance vs dollar a Z is a pretty good deal.

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Stops you from what? You were cross shopping a $73k+ car vs sub 10k shit boxes? LOL
I was talking about doing more track days not buying the GT500.

I prefer driving a 10k shit box on a race track. Thats cheap on tires. The 63k i save will buy way more track time. Plus I can drive the wheels off a shitbox and not give a fuck about totalling it.

I feel thats the mindset you have to have to drive hard enough to really learn stuff

I used to own an Ae86 and that car is actually a beast. It cornered as fast as my GT. I could take corners at 100mph and not even chirp the tires with it.

I like the 350z because its power delivery and feel feels almost exactly like the GT PP, but u can buy one for 3k. And I hate how it looks so wont care about wrecking it

Cars like the GT500 I feel the limit is so high on them to actually push them to the point where you're at the limit and keep it there in every corner would take some serious balls. And not caring about totalling a 73k classic.

In short if i owned a gt500 id love it too much to really drive it

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
The best mod that you can make to a car is the driver mod!

People look down their noses at Mazda Miata's but there is a Miata class at quite a few tracks that limit the amount of mods that you can make to the car, so that it levels the playing field and makes it about the driver. They are capable cars with the right driver.

I agree with what other Guys on here have said about the Porsche, in that it should hand about anything on that track their butts, but I watched the video and it looked like the Porsche driver was taking Sunday drive lines in his video (out for a nice leisurely Sunday drive) because in the hands of a competent driver, they are EXTREMELY fast track scalpels that can cut through a corner with surgical precision!

Please don't think that I'm taking anything away from the GT500 because it's an Amazing automobile, but with the right driver, it's not in the Porsche league on a track.

Not trying to start anything, but that's just my opinion from having ridden on a track with a friend that has a GT3 and can drive it!

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Why trash the kid at all?
Who cares where he gets his money.
As far as being an example for younger kids, that's what fathers are for. So he's lucky enough to be born with a silver spoon stuck up his ass and has a You Tube channel. Lucky him, life is just not fair and we all should be able to own 3+ Hi-Performance cars.
Sure I'm jelly of the cars he owns but I watch his videos for the content and do not dwell on personal issues. And now he's getting another one, a nicer one?
Ooooh burn.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I’ve been waiting for one locally to become available. They go for more than cars ten and fifteen years newer. I’m trying to pick a project to work on starting a year or two from now and RX-7s ain’t cheap.
What generation RX7 are you looking for? I always liked he first generation. They pretty much owned the IMSA GTU and GTO series in the early 80's. Awesome power out of that little rotary engine!

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What generation RX7 are you looking for? I always liked he first generation. They pretty much owned the IMSA GTU and GTO series in the early 80's. Awesome power out of that little rotary engine!
second gen turbo. It’s better looking and makes good power.
Sponsored