Sponsored

Shelby GT500 CFTP - COTA track day 1 of 2! (video)

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
How do the brakes and tires hold up after a track session. Are pads required after each session how about tires ??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
How do the brakes and tires hold up after a track session. Are pads required after each session how about tires ??
Much better than you’d expect! I have been documenting my tires after each track day that I plan to make a video about. I installed a fresh set prior to COTA (my 3rd set) and after 2 intense days, they are well worn, but not dead yet. Regarding brakes, also documenting... I just replaced my front pads and the rears are not far behind. I do have 2 complete sets of brakes for the car (double rotors/calipers/pads) and I ran the second set for awhile when I was working on my caliper color change (1st attempt didn’t work so well). You will get many track days out of a set of pads. How many depends on the track and how aggressively you drive.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Much better than you’d expect! I have been documenting my tires after each track day that I plan to make a video about. I installed a fresh set prior to COTA (my 3rd set) and after 2 intense days, they are well worn, but not dead yet. Regarding brakes, also documenting... I just replaced my front pads and the rears are not far behind. I do have 2 complete sets of brakes for the car (double rotors/calipers/pads) and I ran the second set for awhile when I was working on my caliper color change (1st attempt didn’t work so well). You will get many track days out of a set of pads. How many depends on the track and how aggressively you drive.
Excellent info and preparation to be doing this thanks.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Thanks, I've becoming convinced having a GT500 and not tracking it is a form of automotive sacrilege. We have PIR here, in Oregon, and they have options for novices to experience the track.
I'll keep you guys posted. Oh I forgot, I have a line on a CFTP, sacrilege X 2 if I get it.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I haven’t done an Edge Addicts event yet. Do they address the situation‘s you described with other drivers? Any complaints with safety?
I have done several Edge Addicts events at both COTA and MSR Cresson. They do a good job. I run the intermediate group and am perfectly happy there. I do some passing and get passed so it's a good mix. My only complaint is in the afternoon at the MSR events they allow you to double up and run in the group next to you which makes it really crowded in the yellow group because you have blues and reds there. Also the red guys sometimes will pass the blues on the corners and it causes some confusion. But that aside I love going to MSR. You get a lot more track time for 1/3 of the cost of COTA.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Thanks, I've becoming convinced having a GT500 and not tracking it is a form of automotive sacrilege. We have PIR here, in Oregon, and they have options for novices to experience the track.
I'll keep you guys posted. Oh I forgot, I have a line on a CFTP, sacrilege X 2 if I get it.
If you have the option to buy a CFTP and also have nearby tracks to enjoy, I highly recommend yes to both! The car is insanely fun at the track! I have another track date coming up in a couple weeks! It’s like a frigg’n DRUG!
Sponsored