Sponsored

Shelby GT500 - Build & Price

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Wasn't the boss supposed to be a "turns exist" kind of car, and the GT500 back then were drag queens? Seems to me if Ford wants to make a car trackable (like the 2020 gt500) they are more than capable.
When the 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca model launched in February of 2011 it was by far the fastest Pony Car out there at the time with 0 to 60 at 4.1 seconds and quarter mile times in the low 12's.

Of course the Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires had a great deal to do with all that plus the high revving Boss 302 engine (7500 RPM redline) had a great deal of low end torque therefore was quick not only in a straight line but also handled very well for a live axle vehicle.

:like::like:
Sponsored

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
V00D00 your wrong with the ADM for the price of carbon fiber GT500 you can get a ZR1 and the Corvette is also on another level compared to the GT500. The ZR1 was an example and the same thing goes for all GM high performance vehicles they are available to all Chevy customers if you got the money they will make one. Where Ford wants you to do Videos and beg Dealers just to get their best. Sorry Chevy is taking better care of their High performance customers, better than Ford. I have been in the market before the GT500 could even be ordered had a MSRP deal at two dealers. When one dealer backed out of the deal, I thought I was good so i thought. Now I'm looking and its late in this game to get one. Ford really puts it to their customers that want one of their highend performance cars. Ford just needs to make as many cars as their customers want like chevy does. I am just tired of the games Ford and their dealers play with their highend Loyal Customers.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
V00D00 your wrong with the ADM for the price of carbon fiber GT500 you can get a ZR1 and the Corvette is also on another level compared to the GT500. The ZR1 was an example and the same thing goes for all GM high performance vehicles they are available to all Chevy customers if you got the money they will make one. Where Ford wants you to do Videos and beg Dealers just to get their best.
Just want to say I have seen this said before. The vehicle you are speaking of is a car that is 500k. The Ford GT. If you have that kind of coin, video or not, you will be in line to get one. The Gt500 1st year, has always carried a bit of process to get one. Yes your going to have to put in some work. But saying like its impossible to buy or that only a select few can purchase it is a bit misleading.

That is how I am seeing your statements.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
V00D00 your wrong with the ADM for the price of carbon fiber GT500

ADM IS NOT part of the price. thats on YOU to be able to negotiate a deal. Argument invalid

you can get a ZR1 and the Corvette is also on another level compared to the GT500.

Correct, its a different car, marketed to different people to performa very different task, so do not compare it to a GT500. Argument invalid

The ZR1 was an example and the same thing goes for all GM high performance vehicles they are available to all Chevy customers if you got the money they will make one.

You will be paying more for z06/zr1 level performance. Argument invalid

Where Ford wants you to do Videos and beg Dealers just to get their best.

Ford is doing no such thing with the GT500. Argument invalid

Sorry Chevy is taking better care of their High performance customers, better than Ford.

Opinion, not fact

I have been in the market before the GT500 could even be ordered had a MSRP deal at two dealers. When one dealer backed out of the deal, I thought I was good so i thought. Now I'm looking and its late in this game to get one.

How is that Fords issue? how is that any other msrp buyers that didnt get screwed problem? Argument invalid

Ford really puts it to their customers that want one of their highend performance cars.

How so? the rest of us have cars being built
Ford just needs to make as many cars as their customers want like chevy does.

They offer many more levels for those that want one. Argument invalid
I am just tired of the games Ford and their dealers play with their highend Loyal Customers.

What defines a "loyal" customer?
Sounds like a lot of opinion and personal bias vs truth and facts

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Voodoo whether ford is actively making customers jump through hoops (they're not) or doing it through inaction (not producing enough GT500s to satisfy demand) it is still their responsibility.

You know what happens when you drop a bowling ball from a bridge, and you know what happens when you decide limit supply. Laws of economics are just as ironclad if not moreso than gravity.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Voodoo whether ford is actively making customers jump through hoops (they're not) or doing it through inaction (not producing enough GT500s to satisfy demand) it is still their responsibility.

You know what happens when you drop a bowling ball from a bridge, and you know what happens when you decide limit supply. Laws of economics are just as ironclad if not moreso than gravity.
They never stated the GT500 is for everyone. your personal bias give us headaches to read. You want one, find a dealer that has one and put $ down. problem solved

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I did put money down and I am paying ADM.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Give FP {800-367-3788 option 1) a call and ask them for the cars status, you will need the VIN or order number and dealer code. They should be able to give you the low down. I think your dealer is wrong about the build time.
I called them and they were clueless on build time. I do not have a VIN because it on unscheduled material hold.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
V00D00 here's a fact Chevy will make any amount of Corvette's that the market wants no limits. Will Ford do the same with the GT500 that answer is a Big Fat NO. So to get Chevy's best all I need to do is go down to a Local dealer and get one. With the GT500 I may have to go out of state to get one. They are also easy to find at a discount which is a plus if your a Chevy customer. Every Ford customer gets to enjoy the ADM's which is money lost. No fu$king ADM's on Chevy's top performance car here's one https://www.baywaychevrolet.com/Veh...Corvette-Coupe_ZR1_3ZR-Pearland-TX/3491559183.
Maybe your dense and love paying more then MSRP because Ford limits their production. Instead of providing all their customers a chance at owning a GT500 without the ADM's. I love Fords but they really like screwing their customers with their Limited production High performance cars. The Video part was for the Ford GT and because you have the money does not mean you will get one. So the Fact of the matter is getting a Ford GT500 is a hassle and would not be if Ford did not limit the production. If Ford did not limit these cars we would not have to deal with these ADM's which screws the customers. Because I can tell you all those ADM's your paying are like burning money in a fireplace. So yes Chevy does provide a better chance then Ford at letting its customer get their top performance model and that's a fact. Maybe you can provide me a link to of a New Ford GT that is for sale to anyone, that would prove me wrong. The 800 hp mid engine Z06 will be allot easy to get then Fords GT, you bank on that. That's what taking care of customers is about providing what they want when they want it.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
V00D00 here's a fact Chevy will make any amount of Corvette's that the market wants no limits. Will Ford do the same with the GT500 that answer is a Big Fat NO. So to get Chevy's best all I need to do is go down to a Local dealer and get one. With the GT500 I may have to go out of state to get one. They are also easy to find at a discount which is a plus if your a Chevy customer. Every Ford customer gets to enjoy the ADM's which is money lost. No fu$king ADM's on Chevy's top performance car here's one

so you are arguing with yourself over a statement i agree with? GM does what they want, and sells under msrp. Ford does what they want and has lines of buyers wanting to pay OVER msrp.. What exactly is your issue? Go buy a z07/zr1 if you want/can.

https://www.baywaychevrolet.com/Veh...Corvette-Coupe_ZR1_3ZR-Pearland-TX/3491559183.
Maybe your dense and love paying more then MSRP because Ford limits their production.

msrp and value/worth are not the same. you retards need to understand this

Instead of providing all their customers a chance at owning a GT500 without the ADM's.

everyone that can afford one can get one

I love Fords but they really like screwing their customers with their Limited production High performance cars.

i love having a limited production high performance car. sets me apart from the rest of the pack that drives a corvette

The Video part was for the Ford GT and because you have the money does not mean you will get one.

GT is not GT500

So the Fact of the matter is getting a Ford GT500 is a hassle and would not be if Ford did not limit the production.

it wasnt for me, and thousands of others. maybe its on the person.

If Ford did not limit these cars we would not have to deal with these ADM's which screws the customers.

if they didnt limit it, it would be another plain mustang. you cant play both sides, iether its a special car, or its not

Because I can tell you all those ADM's your paying are like burning money in a fireplace.

please tell me how to spend my $$. I LOOOOVE when poor people tell me im doing it wrong

So yes Chevy does provide a better chance then Ford at letting its customer get their top performance model and that's a fact.

and? Im sorry you are not a billionaire, but the opportunity has been provided. its on you to do the work

Maybe you can provide me a link to of a New Ford GT that is for sale to anyone, that would prove me wrong.

Are you trying to buy a GT or GT500? I can link you to several GT500s

The 800 hp mid engine Z06 will be allot easy to get then Fords GT, you bank on that. That's what taking care of customers is about providing what they want when they want it.

You sound like a freshman that wants to complain just to hear themselves talk.

Did you have anything to say about the Gt500, or just about the GT?

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
At the end of the day, Ford limits production for a reason. Unlike Chevy, you won’t see these cars all over town. For most buying the GT500, that is a big contributor to why they want this car.

If you have the $$$ and put in a little effort, you can have one too. If not, buy one of the other lower end models or a run of the mill vette. I for one am happy Ford limits production.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
V00D00 here's a fact Chevy will make any amount of Corvette's that the market wants no limits. Will Ford do the same with the GT500 that answer is a Big Fat NO. So to get Chevy's best all I need to do is go down to a Local dealer and get one. With the GT500 I may have to go out of state to get one. They are also easy to find at a discount which is a plus if your a Chevy customer. Every Ford customer gets to enjoy the ADM's which is money lost. No fu$king ADM's on Chevy's top performance car here's one https://www.baywaychevrolet.com/Veh...Corvette-Coupe_ZR1_3ZR-Pearland-TX/3491559183.
Maybe your dense and love paying more then MSRP because Ford limits their production. Instead of providing all their customers a chance at owning a GT500 without the ADM's. I love Fords but they really like screwing their customers with their Limited production High performance cars. The Video part was for the Ford GT and because you have the money does not mean you will get one. So the Fact of the matter is getting a Ford GT500 is a hassle and would not be if Ford did not limit the production. If Ford did not limit these cars we would not have to deal with these ADM's which screws the customers. Because I can tell you all those ADM's your paying are like burning money in a fireplace. So yes Chevy does provide a better chance then Ford at letting its customer get their top performance model and that's a fact. Maybe you can provide me a link to of a New Ford GT that is for sale to anyone, that would prove me wrong. The 800 hp mid engine Z06 will be allot easy to get then Fords GT, you bank on that. That's what taking care of customers is about providing what they want when they want it.
Not sure how long that you have been around with respect to high performance Mustangs/Shelby's and their limited production numbers but for the last 55 years it has been Ford's business model and specific intent to limit production numbers for their high performance Mustangs going all the way back to 1965 and continues through to this day.

Back in the Muscle Car era of the Sixties both Ford and Shelby American limited production numbers for the 65' to '70 Shelby's, 69' and '70 Boss 302/429's and 71'Boss 351's and from there limited production numbers for the Cobra R's in the 90's and 2000, new generation Boss 302's, and recently the GT350/R's.

Based on Ford's long time history, business model and heritage of building limited numbers of HP Mustangs that stems over the last 5 1/2 decades do really think that Ford is now going to change the way that they do business when it comes to the limited production Halo Mustangs namely the new GT500?

If you are so enamored with the way that GM and in particular Chevrolet does business when it comes to their production numbers and the prices that their Corvettes command maybe you should take a strong look at a new Corvette otherwise I suggest that you do like the rest of us and that is find a good Ford dealership to work with that is of your liking and make your best deal on a new GT500.

Personally I find that anything in life that we really lust after does not come easy and yes it takes some work to secure an allocation for a GT500 Mustang and at a good price but at the end of the day all of the work and effort that went into the process is certainly worth it.

:)

Last edited: